Ibis Ripley...too slack?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 11:38 Quote
i'm looking for a xcountry / trail bike that I can race in longer endurance races (light and a good climber) but can also handle the technical rocks and roots of New England. I was all set on the Ripley, but i do a lot of lower speed twisty climbs and I heard that the head-tube angle makes the ripley tough to handle at low speeds...just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 19:14 Quote
BS... Ripley, Izzo and the like fit your needs check the MTBR forums
Ripley
Izzo

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 20:43 Quote
I do not feel a slack head-tube angle is a significant detriment in any situation. Any loss of time on a climb due to struggling with line choice is likely to be compensated many times over by faster descending and/or less energy used by being more relaxed on descents.

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 20:49 Quote
How tall are you? Frame size will make the biggest difference

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 21:25 Quote
We have the Izzo, Spur, and now Ripley AF. Very impressed with the first 2....waiting to ride the AF this weekend

Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 21:29 Quote
Hey there Messican, shall we expect a video on the Ripley AF???

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
undescended wrote:
Hey there Messican, shall we expect a video on the Ripley AF???

Yes sir. Still getting acquainted with the Spur but will be having Ripley AF content soon. It is a lot better looking in person. The green looks good.

Posted: Feb 5, 2021 at 7:44 Quote
Fxjeffrey wrote:
i'm looking for a xcountry / trail bike that I can race in longer endurance races (light and a good climber) but can also handle the technical rocks and roots of New England. I was all set on the Ripley, but i do a lot of lower speed twisty climbs and I heard that the head-tube angle makes the ripley tough to handle at low speeds...just wondering if anyone has any experience with this?
Live in north New Jersey, my do it all bike in a v1 transition sentinel . It had a 64 degree head angle before I added a 170mm air shaft. Now it’s around 63.8 ish.... climbs great, the trick in the new bikes is the seat angle and reach numbers. They place the rider over the front of the bike..... but if you don’t like it, just buy an old bike.... there are still a lot out there.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 18:23 Quote
anothermtnbiker wrote:
How tall are you? Frame size will make the biggest difference

5’10; 32 inch inseam

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009271
Mobile Version of Website