Ripley AF

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley AF
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 7, 2022 at 23:26 Quote
Project update: picked up a used 190x50 Topaz and reduced it to 190x45 with the factory spacer, but while waiting for my offset bushings to arrive I came across a great deal on a Ripmo AF and jumped on it. I fell in love with it and am getting ready to sell the Ripley. I knew I wanted more travel and I ended up getting it the “easy” way.

If anyone is interested in a Topaz that fits a Ripley hit me up. I figure it will be easier to sell the bike with the stock shock so I’m going to swap that back on. I installed the Topaz and made sure that it moves, holds air, etc. but haven’t done more than bounce it around the block so I can’t give ride impressions. The one on the Ripmo feels great, though!

Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 18:45 Quote

My wife's Ripley AF that I have commandeered for myself, and so I threw on some of my own parts while keeping some of the stock componentry still on. Still playing around a bit with my cockpit and bar height.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 11:29 Quote
Anyone out there have input on the Ripley vs Ripmo AF’s? I’ve had my Ripley for about 7 months and while I really like it I can’t help but feel like I should be looking to trade for a Ripmo, but maybe it’s just fear of missing out on the extra 30mm of travel?

Any opinions are welcome! TIA

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 11:42 Quote
scoobydidnt wrote:
Anyone out there have input on the Ripley vs Ripmo AF’s? I’ve had my Ripley for about 7 months and while I really like it I can’t help but feel like I should be looking to trade for a Ripmo, but maybe it’s just fear of missing out on the extra 30mm of travel?

I’ve been thoroughly impressed by my wife’s Ripley AF. But I think you answered your own question with the more travel.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 12:09 Quote
I went from a Ripley AF to a Ripmo AF. The Ripley definitely feels lighter, snappier, and more efficient. The Ripmo is significantly more comfortable and capable in the rough and at speed. If you pedal a lot and want to take the edges off everything but are willing to have more efficiency in exchange for needing to approach rough sections like you were on a hardtail, then the Ripley is for you. If you want a bit of a couch on the way down and don't mind pedaling a couch (but an efficient one for the travel!) on the way up, get the Ripmo.

Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 20:11 Quote

Have a good weekend out there!

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
scoobydidnt wrote:

I spent the month riding a Pivot Shadowcat & a Rocky Mtn Slayer, both of which are great bikes. I missed my Ripley and can't wait to get back on it. I also think it's matched quite well to my style of riding. I don't take huge hits, I just like to go fast and pop off stuff here and there. If I lived in the mountains, I'd probably want a Ripley and a dh bike.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 20:53 Quote
austenselk wrote:

My wife's Ripley AF that I have commandeered for myself, and so I threw on some of my own parts while keeping some of the stock componentry still on. Still playing around a bit with my cockpit and bar height.

Finally weighed it, 33.53 lbs

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 13:06 Quote
Anyone out there in the 5-9/5-10 range pedaling the medium? Too small, too big, just right. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 13:23 Quote
MCskid wrote:
Anyone out there in the 5-9/5-10 range pedaling the medium? Too small, too big, just right. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Mike

Go large. I’m 5’8 and ride a large.

Posted: Jul 21, 2022 at 16:38 Quote
I had a large at 5’8” and it was too long for me but just barely (took me almost a year to figure it out). My medium Ripmo is perfect. I think you’d be good on the large but probably worth a test ride.

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 8:51 Quote
melanthius wrote:
I went from a Ripley AF to a Ripmo AF. The Ripley definitely feels lighter, snappier, and more efficient. The Ripmo is significantly more comfortable and capable in the rough and at speed. If you pedal a lot and want to take the edges off everything but are willing to have more efficiency in exchange for needing to approach rough sections like you were on a hardtail, then the Ripley is for you. If you want a bit of a couch on the way down and don't mind pedaling a couch (but an efficient one for the travel!) on the way up, get the Ripmo.

I agree with you in general… except you definitely don’t have to approach rough stuff on the Ripley like you’re on a hard tail. There’s a point where you’re gonna be going slower on the Ripley than Ripmo, but the Ripley is very capable on steep rough trails

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 14:53 Quote
I’m definitely looking to see about finding a trade for a ripmo AF for the heck of it, but in the mean time I’m working to try and tune the DPS a bit better to hopefully make the bike more of what some owners have experienced on the downs.

I think a larger spacer is in order because I’m bottoming regularly on my home trails with no big jumps or drops. I’ve been running 198 psi and I’m 6 ft @ 175 kitted up.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 9:51 Quote
my LBS had an incoming SLX build in silver so I put a deposit on that. With the Sale Ibis has going on, it seems like really good value. Its a size medium, I am 5'9..hopefully its a good fit!

Posted: Jul 28, 2022 at 20:56 Quote
adamxls wrote:
my LBS had an incoming SLX build in silver so I put a deposit on that. With the Sale Ibis has going on, it seems like really good value. Its a size medium, I am 5'9..hopefully its a good fit!
I’m 5’9 on a medium and it’s nice.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007508
Mobile Version of Website