Ripley AF

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley AF
Posted: Sep 23, 2022 at 9:44 Quote
XyesterdayX wrote:
I just picked up a silver Ripley AF frame to build up. Considering doing a RS Pike for the fork. Does anyone know how close the silver colored Pike fork is to the Ibis Monolith Silver of the bike? Aesthetically curious…

The Pike is a much lighter Silver and glossy. The Ripley is more a dark mat grey.
Still might look good. Add some chrome accents like pedals and stem.
I’m contemplating a factory 34 in orange or the new mass green Lyrik.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
Any good recommendations for a replacement rear shock for the ripley af- I’ve got the medium with a light tune- problem is I weigh about 190. The bike feels great pedaling but I definitely need a heavier tune. I tried a rockshox super deluxe- the new one- but because of the link in the top tube it barely doesn’t clear the piggyback reservoir- I don’t know if others like the float x would be okay.

Anyway curious if others have swapped shocks, and how you liked them.

Posted: Oct 18, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
I have a Mara, love it. It made the suspension feel way more controlled and supple. I only weigh 160 though. You might go for a DVO Topaz, talk to the guys there and they can tune the shim stack for your bike and weight before they send it out.

Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Daray wrote:
Any good recommendations for a replacement rear shock for the ripley af- I’ve got the medium with a light tune- problem is I weigh about 190. The bike feels great pedaling but I definitely need a heavier tune. I tried a rockshox super deluxe- the new one- but because of the link in the top tube it barely doesn’t clear the piggyback reservoir- I don’t know if others like the float x would be okay.

You can’t just flip the rockshox? I was hoping to put on a super delux as well.
If you could post a pick with the super delux on that would be great.

Posted: Oct 19, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
InitialDean wrote:
Daray wrote:

You can’t just flip the rockshox? I was hoping to put on a super delux as well.
If you could post a pick with the super delux on that would be great.
+1 for that pic! Be super interested to see how it plays with space provided

Posted: Oct 20, 2022 at 19:49 Quote
It looks like it may be size dependent as well. This bike could fit a piggyback with miles of clearance…
InitialDean wrote:
-snip-

Posted: Oct 21, 2022 at 14:20 Quote
nels0300 wrote:

Here’s a dpx2 on what looks like a small or medium frame.
It looks like the piggy back on the super delux sits a lot higher on the shock though.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
Sorry- I didn’t take a pic- but returned the shock so I’m un able- but the reservoir on the new 2023 rockshox was much higher and longer than the dpx2’s I’ve had in the past- I may try the marzochi one with the slanted reservoir-

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 16:04 Quote

The new Super Deluxe fits, but on Medium & small frames has to be mounted upside down. It means you’re even more limited on water bottles… I weigh 180 and found this shock to be an improvement over the stock shock. There’s a chance the DVO could be a better option if you can order it with an Ibis-specific tune.

O+
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
Daray wrote:

I have a mara as well. I’m 220 kitted up. It rides so nice. So much better than the Dps.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 10:19 Quote
ku2TNha0 wrote:

The new Super Deluxe fits, but on Medium & small frames has to be mounted upside down. It means you’re even more limited on water bottles… I weigh 180 and found this shock to be an improvement over the stock shock. There’s a chance the DVO could be a better option if you can order it with an Ibis-specific tune.

Nice. Thanks for the info. I have an xl so I shouldn’t have any problem installing it the other way up. Just put a new Lyrik ultimate on and like to get the super delux for the rear.

Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 11:08 Quote

I've gotten one ride in so far with the Bomber Air upgrade. Fit is no problem on a size large and the traction is ridiculous. I ran it at 28% sag with recommended rebound setting and little or no low speed compression dampening, and it was almost too stuck to the ground. I'm going to try with 25% next time. So far I'd say this is definitely going to be a huge upgrade on long fast descents but might take away from the pop and pump at lower speeds, and feels a little sluggish picking up speed. Hopefully 25% makes it a little more well rounded.

Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 15:01 Quote
I regret not buying a Bomber when they were having a black Friday sale. I think ill just wait and see if i can get a super delux on sale this year. It will go with the Lyrik Ultimate I have now.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 16:31 Quote
DVO is running 25% off rear shocks. Just in case you’re interested.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2023 at 17:28 Quote
The mara is a solid option too. It’s leaps better than the Dps.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014991
Mobile Version of Website