Ripley AF

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley AF
Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 9:22 Quote
Tested out trail mode and I couldn't perceive a difference on back-to-back passes on the same section, so I guess no real help there for you.

Posted: Aug 12, 2021 at 16:17 Quote
melanthius wrote:
Tested out trail mode and I couldn't perceive a difference on back-to-back passes on the same section, so I guess no real help there for you.

Okay thanks for the feedback, I'll keep seeing what I can do to get the rear end more compliant over small trail chatter.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 13:11 Quote
For what it’s worth, the “trail” setting on my DPS (Ripley AF, size large) feels almost like a lockout. Very firm to the point that I never use it, even when riding around town to the trail. I dropped a curb by accident once in that setting and it was very harsh.

Posted: Sep 12, 2021 at 23:19 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:

So I really got this thing dialed in!

I still need to get it on the scale but I’m thinking I got it sub 30#

Most notably the wheels and tires made a huge difference. 1500g wheels and a set of XR4 tires (780g ea) is down over a pound and a half of rotating weight! Also put on an XTR/XT drivetrain with a garbaruk cassette and a RaceFace cockpit. I really like how playful this bike is, even if it’s not the most capable or confident on high speed chunk.
Finally got it on a scale, 28# 7ozs.

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 3:12 Quote
Think about changing the stock DPS shock for something with better small bump sensitivity and that are more suited for my weight ( 95kg/ 210lbs ), are around 285psi for the correct sag and feels like I´m loosing the sensitivity...

Looking at everything from Manitou Mara to DVO Topaz T3 and Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT.

Any sugestions?

Posted: Oct 12, 2021 at 9:45 Quote
I have run run Topaz in other bikes and loved it. I think Jeff Kendall Weed did a review of it on a Ripley too.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 0:32 Quote
Ended up with the Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT since this was the only one I could find in stock. Will try this first and if needed I´ll add the MegNeg can.

EDIT: Just realized that the MegNeg aren´t available for shocks with a stroke of less than 47,5mm Frown

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
and78ers wrote:
Ended up with the Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT since this was the only one I could find in stock. Will try this first and if needed I´ll add the MegNeg can.

EDIT: Just realized that the MegNeg aren´t available for shocks with a stroke of less than 47,5mm Frown
Meh if it gives you the damping oil volume you need then it should be great! As long as you get the air can volume right you should be golden!

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:33 Quote
I was looking at a Deluxe specifically for that reason and was sorely disappointed to learn that the MegNeg won’t work on a 45mm stroke shock.

Was hoping to duplicate the feel of my last bike (also DW-link) which had an RP23 with a Vorsprung Corset and it was just perfect. The Evol isn’t the same.

1. Friction
2. Spring rate and curve
3. Damping

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 10:52 Quote
What did you get instead?

melanthius wrote:
I was looking at a Deluxe specifically for that reason and was sorely disappointed to learn that the MegNeg won’t work on a 45mm stroke shock.

Was hoping to duplicate the feel of my last bike (also DW-link) which had an RP23 with a Vorsprung Corset and it was just perfect. The Evol isn’t the same.

1. Friction
2. Spring rate and curve
3. Damping

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
Nothing yet. It's not like the DPS is *bad* per-se, after I got the proper sag (for me it needs to run at a lower sag than I'm used to but that makes some sense with the bent leverage curve of the Ripley). I'm just riding it for now.

Posted: Oct 14, 2021 at 23:29 Quote
Ok, thinking about returning the Deluxe since I think I´d like the possibility to change the negative volume. Found a Topaz 190x50 which if I´m correct should fit when using a 5mm travel spacer, or what do you think?

melanthius wrote:
Nothing yet. It's not like the DPS is *bad* per-se, after I got the proper sag (for me it needs to run at a lower sag than I'm used to but that makes some sense with the bent leverage curve of the Ripley). I'm just riding it for now.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 9:52 Quote
Can’t help you there, I’ve never opened up a Topaz.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 10:20 Quote
Checked with DVO and it will work with the 5mm spacer…

Posted: 15 hours ago Quote
Guys, please help me Confused

I can´t decide between the Topaz or the Super Deluxe. Prices are about the same so the question are which will suit the bike the best? Ibis themselfes only responded that both will work well with the AF...Rolleyes

Any thoughts?

Active Forum Threads
1 mins ago - The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
6 mins ago - Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
18 mins ago - Trail Conditions for Calgarians
20 mins ago - Revel Bikes
28 mins ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
43 mins ago - 22 EVO Comp Alloy coming ..
46 mins ago - Holowgram crakced crank scalpel 2 2021
49 mins ago - 100 (or more) days of biking in 2021!
49 mins ago - YT Jeffsy 29 Thread
52 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
54 mins ago - Transition Spire - new long travel 29er
1 hours ago - HOW TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei,Japan
1 hours ago - Love Spells Which Manifests In 24 hours {☎} +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta,Brunei
1 hours ago - Tallboy v4 Lower link
1 hours ago - Best Online Love Spell Caster to get your Ex Lover +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Strong And Powerful Love Spell To Win Your Ex Back +27735257866 in South Africa,UK,USA,Spain,Sweden,Canada,UAE,Malta
1 hours ago - Money Rituals That Really Work +27735257866 in South Africa,USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe,UAE
1 hours ago - Most Effective Money Spells to Get Rich in South Africa +27735257866 USA,UK,Canada,Lesotho,Zambia,Zimbabwe (BMX)
1 hours ago - High Quality SSD Solution for Cleaning Black Money in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
1 hours ago - Crank question…need a little help
1 hours ago - SSD Chemical for Defaced Notes in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Kenya
1 hours ago - Ssd Super Automatic Solution in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland
1 hours ago - DX-1 SSD Solution and Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho
2 hours ago - Black Money Cleaning SSD Chemicals suppliers +27735257866 in South Africa,Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana
2 hours ago - Trek Slash 2021 ?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007893
Mobile Version of Website