Ripley AF

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ripley AF
| Next Page
Author Message
Posted: Nov 10, 2021 at 15:56 Quote
VonBaron wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the standard DPS tune and being lighter? I’m about 150-160lbs on a XL.

I’ve asked the shop if anyone else with a RAF that has the light tune wants to swap shocks I’d be interested in it.
Ya good question! I would bet that an XL has a heavier damping tune off the shelf, you might be better off with a shock from a medium. Maybe get the shim stack reconfigured next service…

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 12:03 Quote
VonBaron wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the standard DPS tune and being lighter? I’m about 150-160lbs on a XL.

I’ve asked the shop if anyone else with a RAF that has the light tune wants to swap shocks I’d be interested in it.

150lbs on a XL? Eat a sandwich! Wink

I would keep the "heavy" tune of the L/XL DPS shocks. I'm 165 on a L and find I run through all the travel quite easily even on mellow trails. I run about 20psi over the recommended settings and generally keep the compression lever in the middle setting which has helped it, but i probably need to add a volume reducer.

Posted: Nov 16, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
Has anyone tried a smaller volume spacer in the rear shock? I’m ~190lbs kitted up running 80psi and a Luftkappe with no spacers in the fork and 210psi in the shock with the stock 0.6cu-in spacer and I’ve never bottomed either end out, even on fast runs through the rock gardens of my local trails and a week in Moab of endless square rock hits. Based on the travel o-ring on the shock I’m basically not using the last ~13mm of rear wheel travel.

Maybe I have a lighter touch than most folks? Or maybe my “fast” isn’t everyone else’s “fast”.

Anyway, The leverage curve of this bike is not very progressive, but most of what progression it has is in the last 20mm of travel and I think that’s combining with the air spring curve to basically lock me out. I’ll try it out, but I’d at least like to hear if anyone else already has and has any horror stories.

Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 14:22 Quote
This was posted on the Ripmo thread a few weeks ago...

Frame protection kit for Alloy Frames is available, worth it just for the downtube protector. I have 3M film on it already but this is subtle and keeps things looking nice.

https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit


Posted: Nov 17, 2021 at 17:05 Quote
flattoflat wrote:
This was posted on the Ripmo thread a few weeks ago...

Frame protection kit for Alloy Frames is available, worth it just for the downtube protector. I have 3M film on it already but this is subtle and keeps things looking nice.

https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit


Also, I got confirmation from Ibis that they just finished shipping these out to everyone who registered with them.

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 8:01 Quote
melanthius wrote:
flattoflat wrote:
This was posted on the Ripmo thread a few weeks ago...

Frame protection kit for Alloy Frames is available, worth it just for the downtube protector. I have 3M film on it already but this is subtle and keeps things looking nice.

https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit


Also, I got confirmation from Ibis that they just finished shipping these out to everyone who registered with them.

It’s weird that they charge for them. I’d pay shipping, but they should have been included with the frame in the first place..

Posted: Nov 22, 2021 at 11:21 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
melanthius wrote:
flattoflat wrote:
This was posted on the Ripmo thread a few weeks ago...

Frame protection kit for Alloy Frames is available, worth it just for the downtube protector. I have 3M film on it already but this is subtle and keeps things looking nice.

https://store.ibiscycles.com/collections/parts/products/alloy-frame-protection-kit


Also, I got confirmation from Ibis that they just finished shipping these out to everyone who registered with them.

It’s weird that they charge for them. I’d pay shipping, but they should have been included with the frame in the first place..

Did you register your warranty? If so, forward your registration confirmation email to webstore@ibiscycles.com and ask for the frame protection. They'll send you a kit free of charge. I did that back in April and they said they'd send them out when they arrived (apparently there was a major supply chain delay on them). Mine kit arrived on Friday.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
Melanthius im about your size, 205lbs kitted up. I run 96psi in the fork and 240 in the rear per Ibis website. I’ve bottomed the rear out several times but it’s usually around a 4’drop to flat that does it. I’ve come close on the fork but never fully bottomed it out.

| Next Page

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008662
Mobile Version of Website