Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 20:22 Quote
The Re-birth of it anyway.

You know what to do

Posted: Sep 22, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
So i know cop's not amazing (except devils inch) but its closing on the 30th of sept!

Posted: Sep 23, 2007 at 18:17 Quote
yeah, thats lame that its closing early, i'm gonna have to make sure I get out next weekend, even if I am just doing basic runs as it'll be my first time back on the bike in three months. but good news, morely will be open this season, so only two months and then that'll be going.

Posted: Sep 24, 2007 at 18:19 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
yeah, thats lame that its closing early, i'm gonna have to make sure I get out next weekend, even if I am just doing basic runs as it'll be my first time back on the bike in three months. but good news, morely will be open this season, so only two months and then that'll be going.

I might do the same. I haven't been able to ride for almost 6 months. It would be good to get out for at least one. By the way, how is your injury greg?

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 20:46 Quote
pretty much one hundred percent, shoulder feels awesome, no pain really, arm is kinda weak, so thats lame, otherwise life is great. Smile

Posted: Sep 25, 2007 at 20:51 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
pretty much one hundred percent, shoulder feels awesome, no pain really, arm is kinda weak, so thats lame, otherwise life is great. Smile

That's awesome. Maybe next year I will be good too and we can go riding together.

Posted: Sep 30, 2007 at 18:15 Quote
So anybody up for moose mountain sessions on saturdays?

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
So anybody up for moose mountain sessions on saturdays?

I am up for Moose Mountian on Saturdays (or Sundays). (Freeride right?) My normal riding buddy would probably be in too (if he is not working). I can help shuttle up to 4 bikes if needed.

my e-mail dbarcham@hotmail.com

David.

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 21:22 Quote
So i was looking at nwd Tour nights and Calgary was not included! so whats the deal? wont it be at bow?

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
howdy y'all. I am about to be moving out to Calgary from Toronto and i was wondering if there is any good places to go fr/dh around there. Any help would be sweet! thanks

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 10:50 Quote
tustin8 wrote:
howdy y'all. I am about to be moving out to Calgary from Toronto and i was wondering if there is any good places to go fr/dh around there. Any help would be sweet! thanks

There is not much here, but you should bring your bike and support the community that does exist. Any stunts, DJs in town are torn down by the city if they are found as they are illegal. COP (Canada Olympic Park) is a small mountian with lift access. It is no resort, but it gives you a fix. Moose mountian has some natural trails for shuttling and is about 45-60 mins out of town. I think there is some more All Mountian stuff in Canmore. XC is everywhere.

For long day, or weekend trips, Fernie and Kicking Horse are about 3-4 hours away.

Posted: Oct 22, 2007 at 14:05 Quote
getstuff wrote:
tustin8 wrote:
howdy y'all. I am about to be moving out to Calgary from Toronto and i was wondering if there is any good places to go fr/dh around there. Any help would be sweet! thanks

There is not much here, but you should bring your bike and support the community that does exist. Any stunts, DJs in town are torn down by the city if they are found as they are illegal. COP (Canada Olympic Park) is a small mountian with lift access. It is no resort, but it gives you a fix. Moose mountian has some natural trails for shuttling and is about 45-60 mins out of town. I think there is some more All Mountian stuff in Canmore. XC is everywhere.

For long day, or weekend trips, Fernie and Kicking Horse are about 3-4 hours away.

Ohh don't you worry. The only thing I am coming with is my bike a bag of clothes and some cash. Gonne be intresting but meh. Thanks for the help tho!

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 10:51 Quote
getstuff wrote:
tustin8 wrote:
howdy y'all. I am about to be moving out to Calgary from Toronto and i was wondering if there is any good places to go fr/dh around there. Any help would be sweet! thanks

There is not much here, but you should bring your bike and support the community that does exist. Any stunts, DJs in town are torn down by the city if they are found as they are illegal. COP (Canada Olympic Park) is a small mountian with lift access. It is no resort, but it gives you a fix. Moose mountian has some natural trails for shuttling and is about 45-60 mins out of town. I think there is some more All Mountian stuff in Canmore. XC is everywhere.

For long day, or weekend trips, Fernie and Kicking Horse are about 3-4 hours away.

When the hell did building DJ's become illigal

Mod Plus
Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 11:01 Quote
wrote:
When the hell did building DJ's become illigal

Building anything on private property that isn't your property is illegal. It is called trespassing. There can also be some sort of liability assumed on the land owner if someone were to get hurt on their property. Hence the reason dirt jumps get destroyed if they are in the middle of a field as people don’t want to get sued over a kid hurting themselves.

Posted: Oct 24, 2007 at 13:55 Quote
laurie1 has it for private land, as for public land:

The city of Calgary has a bylaw "TO REGULATE THE USE OF PARKS AND PATHWAYS AND TO REGULATE ACTIVITIES IN AND ON PARKS AND PATHWAYS" (20M2003)

It includes all designated parks and "natural areas" controled by the city.

Highlights:

"17. No Person shall:
(a) dig, disturb or remove any mineral substance including soil, sand, gravel or rock
from a Park;
(b) damage, dig, cut, disturb or destroy any Park Vegetation, whether alive or dead;"

"19. No Person shall perform or engage in any stunt, trick or reckless or unsafe activity on or in
any Amenity, Pathway, Trail, Park Roadway or Park."

"30. (1) Unless otherwise authorized pursuant to this Bylaw, no Person in a Park shall use
or ride:
(a) a Bicycle except on a Pathway, Trail or Park Roadway;"

For fines:

"19. Stunting or unsafe activity on a Pathway Park Roadway, Trail or
Amenity $ 100.00"

So, they have the power to stop the consturction of new trails, DJ's, ramps, structures, etc.

However, you are also not allowed to toboggan except in designated areas, and that never works in the winter.

http://www.calgary.ca/DocGallery/BU/cityclerks/20M2003.pdf

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011406
Mobile Version of Website