Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:26 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
AHHHHHH! what a great tr day at moose.lol.
is the snow gone dude?

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:27 Quote
porker wrote:
maxlange wrote:
Well cyclepath has recently expanded and gotten a new owner and are going to try getting new company's so they are on there way
They did expand,but no new manegment its stll Doan.
no doan is the new owner before it was some girl i think

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:32 Quote
ktbo wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
is the snow gone dude?
not at all man like 1 to 3 feet in some spots . it was a slippery build today but some dope shit is goin down!

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
stupidusrenames wrote:
Anybody know any good places to ride bmx in the northwest?
best thing to do is just ride around till you find something, theres a mobile skatepark in the summer at the hockey rink in edgemont so ive heard. not sure how they feel about bikes tho

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 18:11 Quote
got accepted into SAIT yo.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 18:52 Quote
hey
im from Nova Scotia, new to calgary and just bought a devinci Wilson 1 as my first DH bike. I went to moose last sunday but there was wayy too much snow. could you give me suggestions where I can ride tomorrow? Im willing to drive a couple of hours .

Please let me know if you have any advice

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 19:24 Quote
well i heard canmore was good, as for local trails theres some shtuff by the airport, 2 small (like 100m small) dh courses and 3 jump lines (ones new)

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:01 Quote
afro-99 wrote:
well i heard canmore was good, as for local trails theres some shtuff by the airport, 2 small (like 100m small) dh courses and 3 jump lines (ones new)

where are these trails?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:02 Quote
canmore nordic center

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:07 Quote
powpowpow wrote:
afro-99 wrote:

where are these trails?
eh ill pm you

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:08 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
ktbo wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
is the snow gone dude?
not at all man like 1 to 3 feet in some spots . it was a slippery build today but some dope shit is goin down!

I thought they moved the trail day to the 29th?

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:22 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
jamezyo wrote:
ktbo wrote:

is the snow gone dude?

It was.....but some people weren't scared off by a little snowBeer

CM!

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:25 Quote
We just didn't read the memo. Smile

Need to get in shape for the 29th

O+
Posted: May 8, 2010 at 20:47 Quote
Cro-Mag wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
jamezyo wrote:

It was.....but some people weren't scared off by a little snowBeer

CM!

Ah, okay.

Posted: May 8, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
Interesting comments about CyclePath.

The staff, both sales and service, at CyclePath are knowledgeable and courteous in the two years I have dealt with them. I did not notice any upscaling at all.

I have been impressed enough with them that I have bought 3 bikes from CyclePath.

When I have been out of the country they have treated my 14 year old well when she calls with questions, etc. They treated her this way even before we bought bikes there and that is why I started dealing with them originally.

hdfreerider wrote:
session416 wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:

That's good to know. I may start dealing with them again.

such an impersonal place. and i've never been upsaled so much. (trying to shove more expensive stuff in my face for no reason). pedalhead is where its at for us guys in the south.

That's true. Plus I found the sales staff was lacking basic knowledge, like how to fit some-one to a bike and the service department would do a half ass job any work. I think Cyclepath was the only shop where if I picked my bike up after being "serviced" the problem I took it in for wouldn't be fixed...

Yeah I stopped dealing with them pretty fast.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015010
Mobile Version of Website