Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 6:31 Quote
maxlange wrote:
porker wrote:
maxlange wrote:
Well cyclepath has recently expanded and gotten a new owner and are going to try getting new company's so they are on there way
They did expand,but no new manegment its stll Doan.
no doan is the new owner before it was some girl i think
nope harrison aplied there a while back and it was doan as the owner

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 6:32 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
got accepted into SAIT yo.
congrats

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 10:02 Quote
anyone else do the mother's day run today?

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 10:12 Quote
afro-99 wrote:
anyone else do the mother's day run today?
No, but I was surrounded by it while walking my dog.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 10:14 Quote
canadianfreerida wrote:
Calgary cycle has been very helpful to me, normally always have the part I am looking for, in the correct colour too. and they are quite knowledgable about there products they sell. I have not gotten any service done there because I do all my own work so i have no comments on that. overall probably my favourite place to go, allthough they are a 20-30minute drive just to get there for me.

Calgary cycle sponsors so many events in Alberta and BC. Which is another reason i like dealing with them.

One of my buddys had a bad experience at B&P and its not close for me, so I dont go there.

Bow cycle has pretty much all the parts anyone could need, but i havent had the best customer service there, but i will still go there if i really need a part quickly that they have in stock.

Cyclepath I have found to be overpriced and there hours suck, which basically keeps me away from them.

The bike shop im sure is good and really convenient for those of you that live in downtown, but coming from the south, it really is not a fun comute and driving in downtown is annoying lol.

I have had really good experience at pedalhead aswell, great customer service and I got my fork rebuilt last year before I learned how and it was done quick and flawlessly.

With all that said, if I need something and a certin shop has it and someone else doesnt, I will most likly go there regardless of the previous experiences i have had.

cc doesn't sponsor many events now as they lost most of their team. and they have a pretty big minimum labor charge.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 12:37 Quote
porker wrote:
maxlange wrote:
porker wrote:

They did expand,but no new manegment its stll Doan.
no doan is the new owner before it was some girl i think
nope harrison aplied there a while back and it was doan as the owner
No Doan is the new owner the old one was the asian women and man i know them but the sold Cyclepath to Doan. http://www.thecyclepath.ca/history.php

Mod Plus
Posted: May 9, 2010 at 13:39 Quote
Pat and Irene were awesome. Super nice people that treated customers very well and they were always on the floor. Knew the customers by name. For the amount of employees and the volume of sales they did, they had that small shop atmosphere with the big shop volume which is very hard to accomplish.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 14:39 Quote
cycle path and pedal head are loads cheaper then bow. from what ive looked into i bought and argyle 318 from pedal head for 410$ bow was 600. just over priced for a lot of shit but they have everything in stock and its close so i like it

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 15:32 Quote
justhitit wrote:
cycle path and pedal head are loads cheaper then bow. from what ive looked into i bought and argyle 318 from pedal head for 410$ bow was 600. just over priced for a lot of shit but they have everything in stock and its close so i like it

Prices vary from shop to shop, I find Pedalhead to have good prices all around and bow has great prices as well.

2 best shops in the city bar none.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 15:34 Quote
also, Picking up some XX rotors with Ti hardware.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 15:34 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
great choice. just ordered a 140 for my dob.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 15:36 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
gnarkore wrote:
great choice. just ordered a 140 for my dob.

Super light, ti hardware and only 5$ more than the clean sweep. 185mm rotors to keep me and my dh sled from moving haha.

Posted: May 9, 2010 at 20:13 Quote
FERNIE MOUNTAIN BIKE CLUB
Build - Maintain - Ride

www.bikefernie.ca

JOIN TODAY!

GET A MEMBERSHIP BECAUSEā€¦.
YOU WILL Help the club defray costs associated with:

Trail Maintenance
Trail Insurance
Signage
Trail building
Event organization
Paid trail crew
Website
For details go to http://http://www.bikefernie.ca/civicrm/contri ... set=1&id=1

Give BACK to the riding in Fernie you love!

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 22:45 Quote
canadianfreerida wrote:
He bought a Norco 125 5 years ago from them, and after some normal jumps and regular mountain biking, his wheel was bent and obviously some scratches from crashing a couple times.

He went back to B&P and told them what was wrong, so they tuned it up and the bill came out to over $100 when they were done. You would think they would have some free service or at least discounted or something considering he spent $1200 on a bike. they ended up replacing a brake lever and the derailleur aswell as the labour and the wheel truing. the brake lever was slightly bent but not worth replacing, also he was not asked wether or not he wanted it done, same with the derailleur.

About a year later his frame was cracked under the headtube/headset. so he went in and they said that the riding he was doing wasnt suitable for the bike he had, and they were not going to do anything. sure he could have contacted norco himself and sent the frame in himself, but we were young then and didnt know much about taking the bike apart and doing the warranty stuff.

another one of my friends had the same bike, same year and got the same crack after a while of riding. He was completly taken care of by his bikeshop and got the new version of the 125 frame. cant remember which bike shop he dealing with though. allthough most would at the minimum point you in the right direction.

You may not agree with my story and call me dumb and young or whatever, but I have worked in customer service for 5 years and I know that good customer service is going the extra mile and since working in customer service/retail I will never expect anything less.

one of those buddies wouldnt happen to be me would it? haha. i gave my 125 to BP and norco sent me a 416 cause they were out of the 125. BP was good to me until the good techs were fired. now i stay away from them

Posted: May 10, 2010 at 23:11 Quote
they have some good ones there again. good rates too.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012024
Mobile Version of Website