Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Jul 13, 2014 at 22:41 Quote
There's a bus that goes from Dalhousie station. But I believe the way to do it better is to take the train all the way to the 69th street station and just ride from there to the back/top of COP.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 6:50 Quote
sourpatch wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
sourpatch wrote:

I would say going to Fernie is way better... same amount of travel time and better then KH...

If by better you mean shorter and less technical... Then yes. I can also see Fernie being a better place to take a beginner.

I guess I should have quoted the part for bringing someone out for their first time. instead of the whole quote.

well i biked cedar on friday/saturday and that was a fun xc rollie trail area! seen a bear on bear claw trail but other then that was sweet.haha

sunday was a wicked day for us. started out on the greens which was more like quick tight switch backs or big open roads then bumped up the the blues and done all of those no problem. which was still fun for both of us.
but yeah, was pretty awesome. they def have a lot of vertical haha as it was like 30 min a run.

i'd like to try fernie next, just cause i've been to panorama. ( just to ride surrounding hills)

ev

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 9:21 Quote
If you have had your fill of mini donuts and pancakes, how about meeting your riding buddies and giving a little back to the trails.

Tuesday July 15 @ 7:00 pm, meet at Ing's Mine Parking lot for a couple of hours of work. Anyone can help out, no experience necessary. We provide plenty of jobs, tools, you just bring your community spirit.

The Next Trail Evening is on August 20th.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 10:22 Quote
STOLEN - 2009 KHS Velvet Green on Saturday Night / Sunday AM from garage in Mckenzie Lake area. Not many of these around so if you see this bike, drop me line. Already posted in Stolen forum as well.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:40 Quote
If you havnt file a police report. Many think its a waste of time but crazy enough they actually helped get mine back. Also post a for sale add as its stolen gets alot of eyes looking.

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
I did report it as they broke into car and then the garage. I had another bike pinched 3 years ago which recovered myself from the little shtbag. He rode right in front of my truck at the stop light by my home. Too young to beat on... him being a minor and all....

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 19:54 Quote
The bus to cop leaves from Brentwood station ,and no bikes on the c-train during rush hour.(6-9)-(3-6)

Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 22:31 Quote
A little survey about hiking (not biking) in the Calgary area! Some people are trying to figure out what makes people get off their bikes and pound some steps out

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RXKZ6YL

Participants greatly appreciated and given extra special good juju vibes for their next ride.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 11:38 Quote
Moose Sunday anybody???

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 15:12 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
The bus to cop leaves from Brentwood station ,and no bikes on the c-train during rush hour.(6-9)-(3-6)

thanks for the directions boys, had a successful rip around the park yesterday!

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 16:05 Quote
devinci-rider1 wrote:
Moose Sunday anybody???
Going on Saturday myself... First time for me - coming from the Edmonton area.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
Fernie on sat! Our trucks full but more than welcome to join the group out there, gaurenteed to be a solid day of slaying trail and good times with the guys.

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
veet-88 wrote:
Fernie on sat! Our trucks full but more than welcome to join the group out there, gaurenteed to be a solid day of slaying trail and good times with the guys.
boooo, i really wanna go downhill again…don't think my bike would be able to handle the beating ?
and not going to fork out 200 for a dh bike rental again. haha

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 21:36 Quote
Take a chance at it whats the worst that could happen? Everything on the low chair could be done on a bigger am bike

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 at 21:42 Quote
i watch some of the altitude bike videos and they are bagging them hard..but i wonder if it can be done with this bike model…given I'm not sure what model they use on the videos haha.
but if anything..pump up the suspension… or just go a bit slower ?

considering this bike is new, what would the warranty aspect of it cover if i did blow a rear shock or something. haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007688
Mobile Version of Website