Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Oct 17, 2017 at 19:51 Quote
k-m-z wrote:
ehfour wrote:
Hey Guys,

Will be in town in Nov and wondered what are the good bike shops in CGY?

TIA

Check out Bike Bros. Not in Calgary but well worth the extra 20 minute drive.
+1

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 21:54 Quote
anyone going to b-line next friday?

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:30 Quote
False wrote:
I'm going this Friday

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:34 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
False wrote:
I'm going this Friday
doesn't it open the 24th?

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 23:37 Quote
False wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
False wrote:
I'm going this Friday
Wink

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 5:45 Quote
False wrote:

Im amazed I hadnt even heard of this place until just now. The woodwork on their facebook page looks awesome. Wonder how much it will be for entry? Location is a bit of a haul for me but def going to check it out. Awesome way to keep riding in the winterSmile

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
False wrote:

Im amazed I hadnt even heard of this place until just now. The woodwork on their facebook page looks awesome. Wonder how much it will be for entry? Location is a bit of a haul for me but def going to check it out. Awesome way to keep riding in the winterSmile
its like 30 for the whole day. its on their site

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 7:10 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
False wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

I'm going this Friday
Wink
lucky bastard!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 11:55 Quote
Pretty crazy that the first major skills area and pump track is an indoor facility in Calgary... There's the fish creek one but they still haven't built any jumps. Cant understand why there aren't multiple ones in communities across the city with a population over a million, Chestermere's is really sweet for a small town. Would love to see a Velosolution's track in town one day, always wanted to ride one of those.

Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
Pretty crazy that the first major skills area and pump track is an indoor facility in Calgary... There's the fish creek one but they still haven't built any jumps. Cant understand why there aren't multiple ones in communities across the city with a population over a million, Chestermere's is really sweet for a small town. Would love to see a Velosolution's track in town one day, always wanted to ride one of those.

Chestermere's bike park is so good! its one of the best surrounding calgary in my opinion, I wish I lived closer though

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
Thanks False, k-m-z and Ajax!

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2017 at 23:59 Quote
We're having a Trail Day this Sunday, October 22nd at 10:00 AM!

We'll be benching in a new section on 727 as well as doing some general maintenance on the rest of the trails.

Meet up at Ing's mine and re-group there for the Volunteer BBQ afterwards. Salute

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 14:28 Quote
Best place to get wheels built in the area? What is a reasonable price to expect? (I've got hubs and rims)

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 19:51 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Best place to get wheels built in the area? What is a reasonable price to expect? (I've got hubs and rims)

$70-80 a wheel in labor is about the going rate in calgary. Depending on spokes $1.5 to 6ea. Shoot me a pm. I can get you sorted out through my shop.

Posted: Oct 29, 2017 at 23:29 Quote
k-m-z wrote:
saskskier wrote:

$70-80 a wheel in labor is about the going rate in calgary. Depending on spokes $1.5 to 6ea. Shoot me a pm. I can get you sorted out through my shop.
Keith at bike bros builds a solid wheel Wink I like to think I do okay as well pm mè if yippy want a second option.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.066829
Mobile Version of Website