Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
O+
Posted: May 13, 2018 at 12:28 Quote
Do people ride their trail bikes at the Chestermere bike park, or does everyone just ride dj bikes and bmx's?

O+
Posted: May 13, 2018 at 15:47 Quote
saskskier wrote:
Do people ride their trail bikes at the Chestermere bike park, or does everyone just ride dj bikes and bmx's?

People ride tend to ride whatever the got. There are a lot of people on BMX's and DJ bikes, but you'll also see people on trail bikes or Canadian Tire bikes. Heck last time I was there there was a guy on a dirt scooter.

Posted: May 13, 2018 at 16:30 Quote
saskskier wrote:

If you have to ask which kind of bike you "should" be told.......Keep the trail bikes at the trail.....don't be that guy!

CM!

Posted: May 19, 2018 at 13:06 Quote
saskskier wrote:

People ride everything there, it’s a public park. Go have fun on whatever you’ve got.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 12:55 Quote
Anyone going out to Plaid Goat this year?

O+
Posted: May 23, 2018 at 18:08 Quote
mhoa wrote:
Anyone going out to Plaid Goat this year?

We will be!

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2018 at 23:56 Quote
Busted myself up a few weeks ago and won't be able to put much time on a MTB this summer, but I am looking at getting a gravel bike to keep myself occupied. Is Goat Creek rideable on a cross/gravel bike? Any suggestions for trails that fall somewhere in between not riding on the highway next to cars and not too difficult for my broken body would be much appreciated.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 14:16 Quote
dangerousdave wrote:
Busted myself up a few weeks ago and won't be able to put much time on a MTB this summer, but I am looking at getting a gravel bike to keep myself occupied. Is Goat Creek rideable on a cross/gravel bike? Any suggestions for trails that fall somewhere in between not riding on the highway next to cars and not too difficult for my broken body would be much appreciated.

Elbow loop is pretty much a highway now, might be doable.

O+
Posted: Jun 18, 2018 at 14:39 Quote
dangerousdave wrote:

Maybe Check out some of the High Rockies Trail? Not terribly familiar with which sections are which, but for the most part its a pretty mellow, low grade trail that is usually recommended to beginners. Also not sure how capable a gravel bike is, so do your research haha.

I have also seen gravel guys down in fish creek and also going up and down husky road near moose. Hope you heal up quick and can ride fun stuff again, and not stuck in the gravel grind.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2018 at 10:33 Quote
lazyname wrote:
dangerousdave wrote:

Elbow loop is pretty much a highway now, might be doable.

I rode Elbow on a fat bike last summer. Most would be good on the gravel bike, although there are some short sections out back that wouldn't be much fun on the gravel bike, as the rocks are deep and loose. Probably 95% good though.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 6:54 Quote
Hi guys,

I am a South African moving to Calgary and i am stoked to see the amount of trails and MTB to do. question is where, when and what group ride to go learn the ropes?
What bike do i bring? here i ride a 29er hardtail or 100m full sus....

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 7:53 Quote
devonvo wrote:
Hi guys,

I am a South African moving to Calgary and i am stoked to see the amount of trails and MTB to do. question is where, when and what group ride to go learn the ropes?
What bike do i bring? here i ride a 29er hardtail or 100m full sus....

Some of the local bike shops do group rides on week nights or there is a meet-up group that has a large group with very regular events at all levels. https://www.meetup.com/mtnbikers/ .
Trail bikes and enduro seem to be the most common bikes here ( where I ride anyways) but people ride everything and there are a variety trail options depending on your preferences. Lots of quality used bikes on PB in the area if find your riding preferences changing too.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 9:09 Quote
I registered for the Canmore enduro but broke my collarbone 2 weeks ago.

Anyone wanting to race can do for a $30 change fee.

Expires this evening.

let me know ASAP.

Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
If i were to pass through Calgary what are the must ride trails? I'm an experienced xc/trail rider. Not looking for huge gaps/jumps just some fun technical xc/trail riding.

Thanks

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
saskparkrider wrote:
If i were to pass through Calgary what are the must ride trails? I'm an experienced xc/trail rider. Not looking for huge gaps/jumps just some fun technical xc/trail riding.

Thanks
Canmore area:
Prairie view/jewel pass
Cox hill
Razors Edge
Prospectors

Bragg/moose:
Merlin
Ranger or sugar daddy/bobcat
Powderface ridg

Or in town I suggest fish creek

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015852
Mobile Version of Website