Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 26, 2019 at 11:47 Quote
Talk to the guys at Gravity Sports. They are awesome, down to earth guys and will point you in the right direction. Also, check out 670 Collective, which is the local mountain bike club and trail society.

Also, every year they host a bike race called the Battle Creek Showdown in Elkwater, which is a blast. It's not the mountains, but they have a pretty solid trail network out there, along with lots of stuff down by the river near Redcliff.

Posted: Jun 28, 2019 at 13:35 Quote
Alrighty thanks. I’ll for sure go talk to the guys at gravity sports, and I’ll go check out red cliff. Do you know if these trails are mostly maintained by local rides or do they kind of just leave them as is and pray to god they’ll be fine?

Posted: Jul 8, 2019 at 13:01 Quote
rocketendo wrote:
Exciting news at Winsport!

https://www.winsport.ca/activities/summer/bikepark.cfm

Yeah, but in CLASSIC winsport fasion they don't have it open to the public until August...

Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 11:48 Quote
brandon-d wrote:
rocketendo wrote:

Yeah, but in CLASSIC winsport fasion they don't have it open to the public until August...

Ain't that the truth. I won heavily discounted season passes through a charity auction to the bike park last year. We got out to Winsport about half a dozen times over the year, but would have been out many more times than that if the park didn't have such stupid hours of operation. Want to head up for a ride after work on a Friday? Can't. Closed. How about a beautiful Saturday evening? Can't. Closed.

Why they are open until 8pm on a weeknight, but only 5pm on the weekend is beyond comprehension. Last year they closed at 5pm on Fridays too. Looks like they've changed that for this year...

Pair that with their seemingly zero tolerance for rain anywhere nearby, and poor communication on when they closed the park for bad weather, I was left with a very bad impression of that entire operation. I had driven all the way from Douglasdale (in the sunshine) only to find out at the ticket center that they'd closed the park that day because of rain that had fallen a couple of hours ago. They hadn't updated their website yet to show the change.

I wound up paying the equivalent of around $40 each for myself and a couple of friends and still felt like it wasn't worthwhile. I might pay for a four hour pass one or two days this year, but I'll never shell out for a season pass again.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 0:28 Quote
Ya at 30 bucks for the full day its better just to get a day pass, good for some quick laps when you have the itch but doesnt compare to a day at kho or fernie

GambinoSX wrote:
brandon-d wrote:
rocketendo wrote:

Ain't that the truth. I won heavily discounted season passes through a charity auction to the bike park last year. We got out to Winsport about half a dozen times over the year, but would have been out many more times than that if the park didn't have such stupid hours of operation. Want to head up for a ride after work on a Friday? Can't. Closed. How about a beautiful Saturday evening? Can't. Closed.

Why they are open until 8pm on a weeknight, but only 5pm on the weekend is beyond comprehension. Last year they closed at 5pm on Fridays too. Looks like they've changed that for this year...

Pair that with their seemingly zero tolerance for rain anywhere nearby, and poor communication on when they closed the park for bad weather, I was left with a very bad impression of that entire operation. I had driven all the way from Douglasdale (in the sunshine) only to find out at the ticket center that they'd closed the park that day because of rain that had fallen a couple of hours ago. They hadn't updated their website yet to show the change.

I wound up paying the equivalent of around $40 each for myself and a couple of friends and still felt like it wasn't worthwhile. I might pay for a four hour pass one or two days this year, but I'll never shell out for a season pass again.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013874
Mobile Version of Website