Official Calgary Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Official Calgary Riders Thread
Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 16:02 Quote
Pixelpimp wrote:
sobanbhatti wrote:
Hey! We just bought a house in Cranston which is also very close to fish Creek. Should be moving in late April just in time for riding season. Thanks for the offer, I will add you on PB and shoot a message once I am there. Cheers

Right on! Welcome to Calgary. See you in a few months.

WEST IS BEST! Calgary welcomes you!

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 15:56 Quote
Hey, I found a Garmin at moose mountain back in November, still trying to locate the owner. Rides are not linked to strava. If you k ow someone who lost one I really want to get it back. Didn't think to post here when I found it. Posted on local fb pages twice now.

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 16:32 Quote
Any chance was it an edge 25? It's the little square one. I lost one sometime last year, but honestly no clue where I lost it haha. Would be worth a shot seeing anyways! Haha

Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 16:53 Quote
Sorry man not a 25.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 0:17 Quote
Any chance it was an etrec that had tracks on it for funky Buddha?

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 8:17 Quote
Sorry not an etrec

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 12:10 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
Hey, I found a Garmin at moose mountain back in November, still trying to locate the owner. Rides are not linked to strava. If you k ow someone who lost one I really want to get it back. Didn't think to post here when I found it. Posted on local fb pages twice now.

Not sure if it is similar to an inReach but in the settings you can goto 'owner info' as long as it has been setup, I have my name and number there on mine in case I ever lost it. Could also maybe send an email to Garmin and give them the s:n and see if they can contact the owner that way?

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 17:15 Quote
VPS13 wrote:
kingfish666 wrote:

Not sure if it is similar to an inReach but in the settings you can goto 'owner info' as long as it has been setup, I have my name and number there on mine in case I ever lost it. Could also maybe send an email to Garmin and give them the s:n and see if they can contact the owner that way?
I did look through it , unfortunately no info in there. Good idea on contacting garmin thanks.

Posted: Apr 21, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
kingfish666 wrote:
Sorry man not a 25.

If it's an Edge 520 it might be mine.

Posted: Aug 16, 2022 at 21:02 Quote
Hi guys will be travelling to Calgary mid Oct this year, is it still suitable to ride or any spot worth visiting? Planned to visit Canmore as well.

Cheers

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 6:59 Quote
ch-ho wrote:
Hi guys will be travelling to Calgary mid Oct this year, is it still suitable to ride or any spot worth visiting? Planned to visit Canmore as well.

Cheers

You never know. I've ridden dry, dusty trails in December and January, but we've also had blizzards in September. Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Ha ha

Posted: Aug 17, 2022 at 16:05 Quote
Calgary doesn't really have great mountain biking in the city limits, there are trails, but they aren't amazing.
As posted above October is a gamble. Expect cooler temperatures between -10c and +10c

Outside of the city:
Downhill trails
https://www.trailforks.com/region/moose-mountain/
Great Cross Country
https://www.trailforks.com/region/west-bragg-creek/
Epic mountain biking in the mountains
https://www.trailforks.com/trails/prairie-view/
Or check out razors edge if you are an advanced technical rider.

Posted: Aug 22, 2022 at 18:14 Quote
Lots of great riding in and around Calgary. The weather can be a gamble in October, but dress for the weather and you will have a blast. Lots of great trails in the city if you just want a quick lap. Paskapoo( Eastlands) tons of trails with lots of technical sections, mostly in the trees. Fish creek park in the south has a large variety of rolling trails, paved paths and some technical rooty trails on the west end of the park ( west of mcleod tr) nose hill park in the north has lots of trails mostly out on the open so can be ridiculously windy, but I've heard there are some jems to ride there. If you want to ride in the mountains 45min- hour to get to many other riding spots

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 2:10 Quote
Thanks for the info.
Hope I can still spend few days mountains nearby and Parks in town. Pack the riding kits and see.
How often does bear is spotted in local woods? Cool

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
ch-ho wrote:
Thanks for the info.
Hope I can still spend few days mountains nearby and Parks in town. Pack the riding kits and see.
How often does bear is spotted in local woods? Cool

Chances are you won't run into any bears, but they are definitely out there. I typically ride once or twice per week and I haven't seen any this year. Last year I saw some 2-3 times while riding throughout the summer.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010524
Mobile Version of Website