Crankbrothers Mallet Shoes

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Crankbrothers Mallet Shoes
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 2, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
Hey folks, I'm in need of some new shoes and I'm interested in checking out the new Mallets, either the speedlace or lace probably. Thinking the dh version as well so I can slam the cleat back.

I'm coming off of fiveten kestrel laces and was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on them (if theyve had a chance to try them at this point) and how the two shoes compare. Does one do something better than the other??

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
Hello guys,

Really no one is running those shoes? They are now on my short list for new shoes.... would be nice to hear some opinions. Especially if you find some issues with them fit/function. For instance Im bit worried about missing race position for cleats (they dont go that far back as on non "E" version) or if stiffness is ok for charging hard on rocky trails/pedaling. Im planning to use them with mallet E pedals. Anyone?

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 23:38 Quote
I’be been using them for about 2 months now, they’re good shoes. Was using Shimano’s before and I’d say fit is a little narrower, but I’m wearing a Euro 45 which is my normal shoe size.

Durability seems good so far, cleats slide back nice and far (you need the non ‘E’ version to slide the cleat back an extra 5mm).

I’d say the stiffness is perfect for trail/enduro riding. Comfortable for 4-5 hours.

I’d defo be interested in their flat pedal version as well if they could sort the sole out. Sick of 5:10’s falling apart on me.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
Hey, thanks alot for practical points - just wanna ask, are you using E or non E version, I guess the first right? are you missing those extra 5 mm of rearward position? Im switching from flats and riding enduro/dh, where one usually ride bit more rear than someone used for example to XC shoe position.

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 1:38 Quote
I’m using the non-E version which has the extra 5mm.

Cleats defo feel much more rearwards on my foot than my usual Shimano shoes, helps to drop my heels.

Fair amount of float in Crank Brothers pedals and you can change cleats for various release angles etc (make it easier/harder to unclip).

For a flat pedal rider they’re a good place to start, I ride clips on my hardtail and flats on my enduro bike.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005524
Mobile Version of Website