Meta HT 27.5 x 2.4 Tires?

PB Forum :: Commencal
Meta HT 27.5 x 2.4 Tires?
| Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
For what it's worth - I ran 2.6 (Vittoria Mazza | Agarro) at low pressure all last fall and through winter here in Pennsylvania where rocks and log rolls outnumber the dirt and never had a pedal clipping issue. I just mounted 2.4s (Maxxis Dissector | Rekon) yesterday. I'll report back on my experience in a few days. 160mm travel - 165mm cranks

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 15:12 Quote
mad1at0 wrote:
For what it's worth - I ran 2.6 (Vittoria Mazza | Agarro) at low pressure all last fall and through winter here in Pennsylvania where rocks and log rolls outnumber the dirt and never had a pedal clipping issue. I just mounted 2.4s (Maxxis Dissector | Rekon) yesterday. I'll report back on my experience in a few days. 160mm travel - 165mm cranks

Glad to hear. Looking at picking up a 160mm air spring for my Pike and waiting for some RaceFace Aeffect R 165 cranks to become available.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 5:58 Quote
mad1at0 wrote:
I've ridden the 2.4 tires for just over a week on trails that come right out of pedal clip hell and haven't noticed any difference in clearance issues between the 2.4 and the 2.6 or 2.8. I'm trying to correct posture but I pedal toe down through the chunky rocky tech and it wasn't an issue. For me, I'll never go back to anything larger than 2.4.

2021 Meta HT (m) | 2.4 Dissector front (19 psi) , 2.4 Rekon back (20 psi) | 165mm cranks | 160mm travel | 175lb rider

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 8:45 Quote
mad1at0 wrote:
I've ridden the 2.4 tires for just over a week on trails that come right out of pedal clip hell and haven't noticed any difference in clearance issues between the 2.4 and the 2.6 or 2.8. I'm trying to correct posture but I pedal toe down through the chunky rocky tech and it wasn't an issue. For me, I'll never go back to anything larger than 2.4.

2021 Meta HT (m) | 2.4 Dissector front (19 psi) , 2.4 Rekon back (20 psi) | 165mm cranks | 160mm travel | 175lb rider

Thanks for the update. I normally ride 2.4 and find it a happy medium. Good to hear there's not much diff in clearance with the 2.4/2.6. I didn't think there would be more than a mm or so if that in extra clearance.

Posted: Apr 3, 2021 at 7:49 Quote
Just built up a meta ht. im running 175mm cranks because thats what was in the full NX kit i found for cheap. no excessive pedal strikes to report. but theres also hardly any techy stuff around here so take it with a grain of salt

Posted: Apr 19, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
Well, I was getting the odd pedal taps when I ran on 150mm fork, 170mm cranks and 2.4 wide HighRoller II tires. I upgraded the air spring to 160mm and DHRII 2.6, pulled the old Shimano SLX cranks off and added the RaceFace Aeffect R 170mm cranks with a Wolftooth 30t oval, swapped out the 50mm stem for my old 35mm one.

I took it on a rip yesterday on some gnarly trails I usually only ride on my FS and it's a very different bike.

First off, moving to the 35mm stem put the current overly long RAD into RAD+ measurement that's similar to my FS. The reach seemed a little cosy at the start but I got used to it after a few minutes. I moved a 10mm spacer from under the stem to above it to accommodate the 160mm travel and reduce the change in my bar height and reach. I may swap the 15mm spacer for the 10mm one but so far, no issues with climbs.

I loved the DHRII on my FS so I ended up getting the 2.6 version for the HT. I didn't feel like experimenting with the Mazza and the hassle of having to resell it etc. I'm happy that I didn't get a single pedal tap, though the Raceface Aeffect R 170mm crank arms seems to be 175mm arms with the threaded hole moved up to 170mm (waiting for RF to confirm that). That's not the issue with the 165mm version of cranks I have on my FS. The 2.6 running at 20psi rear and 18psi font with an ARD in the rear soaked up a lot of the harsh chatter and landing jumps/drops less jarring.

Not sure if it's the oval ring doing its thing but when I had the HighRoller II on, I felt like I was dragging a dead body behind me. Not the case now.

Only thing I think I need to do is swap out the Stamp3 pedals for some larger OneUp ones.

Thanks for all the input and tips folks.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005839
Mobile Version of Website