“Downcountry”

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
“Downcountry”
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 3:57 Quote
I currently have a Kona process and an NS eccentric hardtail. I use the process for big enduro days and the NS for general miles and trail centres which are just on my doorstep. I’m considering getting rid of the hardtail for something with a little more comfort. I know people don’t like the term downcountry as it’s just another way for bike companies to say “you need a new bike”.. however, a lot of the ones I have looked at fit the bill nicely such as the Santa Cruz Tallboy, small travel (120 rear) but slack head angle and steep seat angle, sounds like exactly what I want.

Is there any other bikes similar to this that people would recommend? Ideally frame only option. Opinions on the Tallboy are also welcome.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 4:14 Quote
Trialsiain wrote:
I currently have a Kona process and an NS eccentric hardtail. I use the process for big enduro days and the NS for general miles and trail centres which are just on my doorstep. I’m considering getting rid of the hardtail for something with a little more comfort. I know people don’t like the term downcountry as it’s just another way for bike companies to say “you need a new bike”.. however, a lot of the ones I have looked at fit the bill nicely such as the Santa Cruz Tallboy, small travel (120 rear) but slack head angle and steep seat angle, sounds like exactly what I want.

Is there any other bikes similar to this that people would recommend? Ideally frame only option. Opinions on the Tallboy are also welcome.

The Tallboy is amazing! Very capable but still pretty efficient. If I was going to buy a DC bike right now though, I'd buy a Transition Spur. Not sure if they do frame only though.

Posted: Feb 6, 2021 at 5:06 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Trialsiain wrote:

The Tallboy is amazing! Very capable but still pretty efficient. If I was going to buy a DC bike right now though, I'd buy a Transition Spur. Not sure if they do frame only though.
Ah yeah I’ve seen the spur as well. Stunning in the blue colour. Cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007926
Mobile Version of Website