Bike theives

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Yea these scum are everywhere and use all sorts of methods...if I'm ever biking home and I'm a couple streets from my house and I see people that just look like the 'type'..you know what I mean.. I just go a different way and pretend I'm going somewhere else for a few minutes until they are out of sight. I tend not to leave my bike unattended now even for 30 seconds because I know they can be around any corner and grab it in a jiffy.... If I do I always leave it in the Granny gear at the back...luckily I'm a pretty nippy sprinter...so by the time the c*nts figure out how to change up gear I hopefully would catch them.... Also thought of just taking the chain off the chainring, but it's faff and messes up the cranks and if I have time for that I might as well just keep a backpack on and carry around a lock all the time.

I considered hiding a tracker in it, those gps ones you can track with your phone...but the popo's told me they still wouldn't be able to enter someones property to get it as it isn't 'proof' due to the supposed 'inaccuracy' of gps....

Thought of a few other tricks I could put up it's sleeve too, I won't get into them ideas lol, but safe to say it's probably best I don't do that as I will be the one getting into shit more than the scum that takes it.... If only stuff like that was allowed like the flame thrower car alarms they have in Africa...

https://youtu.be/aLhWzMOccTg

Anyone know what the strongest lock you can buy is btw, is anything stronger than the Kryptonite New York lock?

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 21:29 Quote
ANY lock can be easily broken!!! I wont go into it here as not to give people ideas. I've even heard of thieves cutting frames instead of the lock so they can sell parts.
I'll say it again the best bike lock is a Beater Bike!!!
NEVER leave your pride an joy unattended!!! Or on show in or on a vehicle!

Poverty is a fact of life an thieves will always be there and, unless the Po catch them red handed.... they'll get away with it. Sad truth but, one worth knowing.

Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 21:43 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
ANY lock can be easily broken!!! I wont go into it here as not to give people ideas. I've even heard of thieves cutting frames instead of the lock so they can sell parts.
I'll say it again the best bike lock is a Beater Bike!!!
NEVER leave your pride an joy unattended!!! Or on show in or on a vehicle!

Poverty is a fact of life an thieves will always be there and, unless the Po catch them red handed.... they'll get away with it. Sad truth but, one worth knowing.

Poverty my ass, that is no excuse.... That scum will rob anything even if they are in a full time job... They steal because they are f*cking animals that have zero empathy, zero respect, enjoy it, and looking to make a few quid... Half of them are on so many benefits that when you take into account they don't have to pay a mortgage probably have more to spend every month than the average Joe on minimum wage..... The rats have no problem walking into JD sports and spending £150 on a pair of Nike air max...they are nothing more than low iq inbreds with the personality of a crumb of shit, if there was a petition to eradicate that vermin from this planet I'd sign up faster than you can blink.

FL
Posted: Feb 10, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
Doesn't change the fact that it's still going to happen does it.......?
Police can't do a lot about it/dont give a shit.....
Those stolen bikes are never coming back....

Dont leave a bike ANYWHERE is the point.

I've heard of a young lad getting jacked at F.O.D.
There was a spate of bikes going missing at BDS events a while ago. Turns out, it was another racer robbing them.

Shit happens, be prepared, deal with it, take advice or learn the hard way. Whatever

OH an... "eradicate that vermin from this planet I'd sign up faster than you can blink." Niiiice attitude, kinda like that country that had a similar view of thinking they could solve a problem with genocide in the 1940's :'D

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 0:29 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
I considered hiding a tracker in it, those gps ones you can track with your phone...but the popo's told me they still wouldn't be able to enter someones property to get it as it isn't 'proof' due to the supposed 'inaccuracy' of gps....

WHAT??
Jesus christ, what kind of hellhole do you live in?
Study in 2016 showed an accuracy of under 0.71 m 95% of the time, plenty accurate enough.
Not saying vigilanteism, but... vigilanteism.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 3:53 Quote
Thing is if you did 100% you would be the one getting locked up not them, just not worth it

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 4:17 Quote
martinmwwebb wrote:
Thing is if you did 100% you would be the one getting locked up not them, just not worth it
Fertilize your lawn with them, just need a mulcher.

Disclaimer: This post is not to be taken seriously, don't mulch bike thieves, even though they are the lowest scum.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 4:46 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Reaperactual wrote:
Sounds like you ride around the same neck of the woods I do. Then again scumbags are everywhere these days. Rolleyes

Manchester?
when I was about 10 my bike got nicked from my house over night and it was very sad. But now I only ever ride out towards Derbyshire way on my nice bike and whenever I go anywhere else like round to a mates or something it’s always on the shitter. This canal literally sounds exactly like the one near my house next to a council estate.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:24 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Anyone know what the strongest lock you can buy is btw, is anything stronger than the Kryptonite New York lock?

Pewag security chain with a Viro Padlock: Pewag + Viro

You can also get thicker Pewag chains if you don't mind carrying them around or for locking inside a shed or garage or something.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
yeah....I'm not the most compassionate person when it comes to thieves. I work very hard for what I have...which isn't much. I hate shifty sneaky c*nts that want to snatch something from myself or anyone else unopposed. However, in my younger days I was very open to someone trying to take something from me directly. Bring a knife....bring your friends...I'm actually looking forward to you trying.

It's happened to me before just not with bikes and netted a couple chaps some memories and experiences they surely wish they did not have.

now there's just way too much at stake to get all brodie on someone so I actively avoid putting myself in any potentially compromising situations. But, like they say, the locks on my doors are for YOUR protection...not mine.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:39 Quote
adm750 wrote:
yeah....I'm not the most compassionate person when it comes to thieves. I work very hard for what I have...which isn't much. I hate shifty sneaky c*nts that want to snatch something from myself or anyone else unopposed. However, in my younger days I was very open to someone trying to take something from me directly. Bring a knife....bring your friends...I'm actually looking forward to you trying.

It's happened to me before just not with bikes and netted a couple chaps some memories and experiences they surely wish they did not have.

now there's just way too much at stake to get all brodie on someone so I actively avoid putting myself in any potentially compromising situations. But, like they say, the locks on my doors are for YOUR protection...not mine.

The problem these days is there is a lot of scum that are less than 18...how do you defend yourself from 10 of them without getting into shit? They throw punches and carry knives like everyone else, but if you retaliate you're going down, you can't win with this scum, the law does it's best to protect shitty people like that and to make life f*cking hell, an inconvenience or a privacy concern for everyone else...I feel like the UK is too soft on these shits.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
adm750 wrote:

the whole protect yourself idea in my eyes is the worst thing to do. It’s like the gang crime in south London one person decided it would be a good idea to carry a knife to protect themselves and the attackers realised and started to carry them and then you just end up with stabbings left right and centre. So if someone came up to you and you stabbed them one your gonna get in shit and the scumbag who tried to nick your bike is gonna start threatening people with knifes aswell.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:42 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
Yea the popo's don't give a damn..
What annoys me more though is they have no bollocks, these lads soon as one of them grabbed my arm I looked at them and was like wtf are you doing, they thought I was gonna swing at them n they backed off, then they tried again and again they backed off... Then again all of them ran after me. They are absolute pussies, they think they can intimidate and scare you, whenever I have had issues with just a couple of them in the past they act all hard then you get up to them and you realise they are fking cowards... They have one pair of balls for all ten of them, the only reason they do what they do is because the skinny malnourished rats hunt in packs...they bloody well know if they are alone they would get put to sleep.

this is priceless lmao

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
totally agree.....

I'd probably tell the popo: "it was the strangest thing officer....I was riding my bike through here and next thing I know these guys all fell down....over and over and over again...sometimes really hard...."

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 6:50 Quote
had this complete a*shole in a car road-raging me one time on my motorcycle....we wound up in a gas station parking lot and he got out, came over, and was getting up in my face. telling me he knows martial arts and is gonna whoop my ass..

I said "hang on a sec there karate man....."...grabbed my phone and called 911...

he says "whatcha doing motherf**ker......callin' the cops...?"

me "oh heck no, I'm not calling the cops....i'm calling an ambulance....because one of us is gonna need it...."

he left....

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011879
Mobile Version of Website