Bachelor Party

• Previous Page
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 11:40 Quote
I have been tasked with booking a bachelor party in June for a buddy of mine. All the guys attending ride trail/enduro and are intermediate to advance riders. We are scattered across the country so we are looking to rendezvous at an epic riding destination that hopefully has a shuttle/lift so we can get as much descending as possible. Ideally it would be fairly close to an airport and have decent options for food/drinks. Any recommended locations? Thanks!!

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
Some of the lift-serviced areas may still be closed in June. Double-check that for access.

I don't have any great ideas for you, but maybe Mammoth? (Could still be skiing in June - like I said, check).

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 16:49 Quote
Angel Fire and/or the Santa Fe area are typically riding well in June.

Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 18:19 Quote
Windrock/Bakers Creek in greater Knoxville area. Two hors from Asheville/Pisgah for a day trip mixed in.

FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
deinabolic wrote:
Windrock/Bakers Creek in greater Knoxville area. Two hors from Asheville/Pisgah for a day trip mixed in.

100% WindRock and Bakers, WindRock alone is mind blowing steep.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 18:40 Quote
It’d be ironic if you had a bachelor party at Mt. Bachelor

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2021 at 19:37 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

I had mine here in Bend and highly recommend it. Floating the river, mountain biking (we rode trail but the mt bachelor bike park is here too obviously), rock climbing, and a whole butt ton of breweries. There’s an airport 10 miles out of town in Redmond but you’ll probably need to lay over in SF or Portland. Love the town so much we moved here from SF 2 years after the wedding.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 3:17 Quote
Bachelor may not be open in June with this late dump of snow the northwest is getting.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 7:41 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:

Like rain on your wedding day

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 7:42 Quote
You guys not have lockdown in the US? Our gyms and a lot of shops aren't even open here let alone bike parks.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 7:54 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
You guys not have lockdown in the US? Our gyms and a lot of shops aren't even open here let alone bike parks.
No nationwide lockdown (and it will never happen). But certain states and cities will tighten things as they see fit.

Most bike parks were open last summer with logical precautions. I’d imagine that will be the case again in June, when OP will be traveling.

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 8:29 Quote
I’m the lucky “bachelor” boy. For context, I live in CO, so get to go to AF, WP, Crested Butte, Moab, etc. on a regular basis.

Top contenders now are: North Lake Tahoe (Northstar) and Downieville or Sun Valley, ID. Any thoughts on those two?

Ps: love the Bend comment. We did McKenzie river trail a few years ago and loved it. Also this will be in July...trying to time being able to ride after the snowmelt but before the wildfires come.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 8:49 Quote
If you want some world class riding and camping, the Gifford Pinchot national forest has some phenomenal riding, it’s shared with moto but everyone there is cool. Make a day trip out of strawberry ridge and I promise you will not be disappointed. I go three times a year. Hundreds and hundreds of miles of trail. It’s best to shuttle simply to get the most laps in. I’d be happy to share where I camp and ride.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 10:43 Quote
Northwest Arkansas has over 340 miles of trails. XNA airport is about 20 min from downtown Bentonville. There is a food scene and significant bike scene in the area. Check out oztrailsnwa.com. There are some shuttle-served downhill areas in the area. The buffalo river, the nation's first scenic river, is also nearby.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
Oh yeah, what about Bellingham? There's some shuttle-able stuff and it should be prime conditions in late June/July. And if the border opens up you have the option of North Van, Squamish, or even a Whistler day trip. Quite a few direct flights into B-ham these days too.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011224
Mobile Version of Website