Bachelor Party

• Next Page
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
I like that PNW idea with Pinchot /Bellingham

Original thought was Squamish/Whistler, but can’t guarantee our passports will get us in by July

As the OP said...most are advanced riders who enjoy a good sufferfest, but some are more casual guys that a lift would be appreciated for at least one of the days

Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 15:01 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
thunder-nuggets wrote:
It’d be ironic if you had a bachelor party at Mt. Bachelor

Like rain on your wedding day

I see what you did there. But I think it would be more like the free advice that you just didn't take.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 15:24 Quote
..a free ride when you've already paid

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2021 at 15:31 Quote
Pnorris1231 wrote:
I like that PNW idea with Pinchot /Bellingham

Original thought was Squamish/Whistler, but can’t guarantee our passports will get us in by July

As the OP said...most are advanced riders who enjoy a good sufferfest, but some are more casual guys that a lift would be appreciated for at least one of the days

You guys can also hit up North Mountain (Darrington) for a shuttle day. It's well known and should be thawed and mostly dry by mid-late June. The trails are fantastic and it's 2 hours from Seattle/Bellingham.

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 8:20 Quote
Oakridge, OR has shuttle services and tons of camping. All the riding is majority downhill. The Trans-Cascadia races from a few years ago were held there, so you know the riding is epic. I rode there last summer, and I would not hesitate to go back. It’s also pretty much empty of people on the trails. I can’t recommend it highly enough.

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
gnarnaimo wrote:
..a free ride when you've already paid

Killing it so far.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 20:01 Quote
Pnorris1231 wrote:
I’m the lucky “bachelor” boy. For context, I live in CO, so get to go to AF, WP, Crested Butte, Moab, etc. on a regular basis.

Top contenders now are: North Lake Tahoe (Northstar) and Downieville or Sun Valley, ID. Any thoughts on those two?

Ps: love the Bend comment. We did McKenzie river trail a few years ago and loved it. Also this will be in July...trying to time being able to ride after the snowmelt but before the wildfires come.

If you're looking at Northstar and Downieville, you have to keep an eye out on what the snowpack is like. Sometimes Northstar only gets the lower mountain open early and if it's a good snow year, Downieville can sometimes be later than you would think due to snowpack. Keep in mind, it's not unusual to still be able to ski limited terrain up in North Lake Tahoe at Squaw on 4th of July. It's also a decent drive to Downieville from Lake Tahoe, maybe get 2 shuttle rides if it was timed right on the driving but getting lodging for a day with all the bikes/gear makes it a bit more complicated.

Mammoth also often has skiing into July 4th (and beyond at times) and I believe Mt Bachelor may also be an issue early in July depending on snow levels.

If people are flying from all over, it may be more reasonable to find something more central due to flight schedules, etc. Deer Valley lift served is a reasonable choice (it's actually pretty fun park for all levels) easy to get to from SLC airport, and there's the Park City area rides. It's a place where you can stay and ride to the resort and ride your bike to get food/drinks (unlike Northstar which the resort is pretty dead). I'm sure there's places to eat/drink in Park City despite Utah's high LDS population (with drinking limitations). Not sure how it would be if your looking for clothing optional ladies or guys (not judging)?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012548
Mobile Version of Website