Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
Anyone have any more experience with the cascade link on the dread? Considering getting one with a PMW spacer to go with my EXT storia.

Where does the extra travel come from? Does it raise the bike at top out, or does the BB drop further at full compression?

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
Has anyone in the UK sold a frame only? Just wondering what people had asked price wise. Mine has the EXT shock option and I'm thinking of moving on and trying something new just not sure how to price it. In the UK the new price is 4k with the EXT obviously not expecting that but it does make it hard to price. I ha e check the for sale section and prices are a bit all over the place for full bikes.

Posted: Jun 30, 2022 at 10:00 Quote
Thinking about getting a dreadnought or a Norco range, wondering how they climb? Needing a do everything bike. Also, have any of you tried it with a dh fork?

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2022 at 9:09 Quote
Can't speak to the Range or fork but the Dreadnought climbs just fine, especially if you upgrade the lower chainguide from the e13 pulley to the cascade guide.

buddy32 wrote:
Thinking about getting a dreadnought or a Norco range, wondering how they climb? Needing a do everything bike. Also, have any of you tried it with a dh fork?

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Can't speak to the Range or fork but the Dreadnought climbs just fine, especially if you upgrade the lower chainguide from the e13 pulley to the cascade guide.

buddy32 wrote:

I finally got to demo the two Forbidden bikes and was pretty surprised at how well the Dreadnought climbed. I got a 2nd best on a local climb segment. I was not expecting that. It took a little bit longer to get up to speed and that bike felt quite long but I agree that its geo helps it get up the hills without issue. I suspect a mixed wheel would do even better.

I tried a Druid in mixed wheel configuration and the smaller back wheel seems to accelerate up punchy sections like a champ. My only issue is the dreadnought seemed to be far more focused on fast steep gnar. It was harder to turn and took away a lot of the trail feel. The Druid was easier for me to get a long with and would be a better suited all rounder. I even felt faster on the Druid both up and down.

If I was buying only one bike it would be the Druid.

Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 10:30 Quote
Hi can a forbidden dreadnought frame use aftermarket fox dhx2 rear shock?

O+
Posted: Jul 13, 2022 at 15:27 Quote
I have a Norco Range Size L, my friend (size L) and partner (Size S) have dreadnoughts - The dreadnought with a very similar build kit is substantially lighter than the range. Having said that I love my Range, I got it due to what was available at the time and would have probably got the dreadnought if both were available.
buddy32 wrote:

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
Hey,

I have a size large dreadnought. I was riding a few weeks ago and had a mysterious incident. In a compression from a rock roll, my derailleur wrapped around the cassette and cracked the rear dropout on the frame. I didn’t crash and didn’t hit the derailleur on anything. Bike was running fine with no issues prior to this happening. Happy to say that forbidden was lovely and sent me a new rear end. Just wondering what I can do to prevent this in the future.

Cheers,

Nelson

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 8:09 Quote
Anyone else running a ziggy'd 29er dread? Threw it together last night and it was a noticeable change during my 2 minute pedal around the yard in the dark, but haven't tried it on a proper ride yet.

I'm predicting better climbing, snappier handling, and hopefully enough clearance for some of the more chunky, rocky, slow speed tech that I often ride

Curious if anyone else has experience with this.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 14:52 Quote
anyone have intel on the new colorways supposedly very close to being announced ?

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
This was posted over on another forum. Not sure if anyone saw it

https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/druid-link-c1?variant=43103543263471

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 8:22 Quote
Cool to see the updated suspension curve for the dread. I have the B1 link with Ext/space shuttle setup and I haven't bottomed out once. Part of that could be the hydraulic bottom out but 41% progression is a big ramp. The guys at Alba said it's one of the hardest setups to tune the Ext for because it's so progressive. All in all it's a great upgrade though

luked5 wrote:
This was posted over on another forum. Not sure if anyone saw it

https://cascadecomponents.bike/products/druid-link-c1?variant=43103543263471

Posted: Aug 14, 2022 at 7:23 Quote
NMartell wrote:
Hey,

I have a size large dreadnought. I was riding a few weeks ago and had a mysterious incident. In a compression from a rock roll, my derailleur wrapped around the cassette and cracked the rear dropout on the frame. I didn’t crash and didn’t hit the derailleur on anything. Bike was running fine with no issues prior to this happening. Happy to say that forbidden was lovely and sent me a new rear end. Just wondering what I can do to prevent this in the future.

Cheers,

Nelson

Same thing happened to me and Forbidden sent a new rear triangle a few months back. As far as I can tell, there isn’t much you can do to avoid this. Make sure your dropout on the drive side is torqued to spec—still hard to believe it will keep the der hanger from rotating/cracking the frame.

Posted: Aug 30, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
New C1 link from Cascade fit my size L dreadnought with a Push 11.6, in case anyone is curious about picking one up. Clearance is tight but it definitely fits, and more travel was pretty immediately noticeable. Pinner Machine Shop also is working on a spring spacer to ensure more clearance.

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 7:37 Quote
To you all running the Cascade Chain guide are you getting more chainring wear? One of the reasons for the lower guide is to give more chain wrap on the crank. I am just curious what you all are seeing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014081
Mobile Version of Website