Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
| Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2022 at 8:38 Quote
Been running the cascade guide for ~6 months now, changed to the one up 30T at the same time. Chainring still looks fine and is getting along with the new chain I put on last week.

eluder wrote:
To you all running the Cascade Chain guide are you getting more chainring wear? One of the reasons for the lower guide is to give more chain wrap on the crank. I am just curious what you all are seeing.

Posted: Sep 19, 2022 at 14:23 Quote
Anyone finding the dreadnought is hard to keep weight on the front tire on flat turns?

Posted: Sep 27, 2022 at 20:48 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
New C1 link from Cascade fit my size L dreadnought with a Push 11.6, in case anyone is curious about picking one up. Clearance is tight but it definitely fits, and more travel was pretty immediately noticeable. Pinner Machine Shop also is working on a spring spacer to ensure more clearance.

What size spring are you running?

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 20:41 Quote
slcmonkey wrote:
bupdegra wrote:
New C1 link from Cascade fit my size L dreadnought with a Push 11.6, in case anyone is curious about picking one up. Clearance is tight but it definitely fits, and more travel was pretty immediately noticeable. Pinner Machine Shop also is working on a spring spacer to ensure more clearance.

475, up from 450 pre-cascade link. About a dozen rides in and I’m digging it. Off the top is super sensitive, midstroke is supportive, and increase in travel is noticeable.

Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 11:25 Quote
Hi,

in the test of the Dreadnought it was mentioned that the Screw of the Shock was coming loose and that they had two dellarieur failures.

So do you people have the same problems?

Anything important to know when getting that bike? i am really interested in buying one and i have an offer for a new Forbidden dreadnought in Deep Space nine.

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
They updated the torque spec on that bolt to a higher setting but if you're worried about it, take it out and put loctite on it, then torque it to spec. I haven't had it come loose.

I had an issue with the derailleur in the beginning and noticed the e13 lower guide wheel would get bent easily, throwing the chain line off. I switched to the cascade lower guide. It got rid of the drag and haven't had any issues with the derailleur since.

Daveproride wrote:
Hi,

in the test of the Dreadnought it was mentioned that the Screw of the Shock was coming loose and that they had two dellarieur failures.

So do you people have the same problems?

Anything important to know when getting that bike? i am really interested in buying one and i have an offer for a new Forbidden dreadnought in Deep Space nine.

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
slcmonkey wrote:
bupdegra wrote:

475, up from 450 pre-cascade link. About a dozen rides in and I’m digging it. Off the top is super sensitive, midstroke is supportive, and increase in travel is noticeable.

thanks. also running a 450 currently. cascade components indicated I would need to go up to a 550 or 600 lb spring with their link. how are you getting along with the 475? it seems to me you can get away with less spring on this bike than the published spring rate charts.

Posted: Oct 10, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
slcmonkey wrote:
bupdegra wrote:
slcmonkey wrote:

thanks. also running a 450 currently. cascade components indicated I would need to go up to a 550 or 600 lb spring with their link. how are you getting along with the 475? it seems to me you can get away with less spring on this bike than the published spring rate charts.

475 feels almost perfect, puts me a little under 30% on sag. Running LSC and HSC both around 2/3rds closed, and sped up the rebound a couple clicks from pre-link. I would get along with a heavier spring fine, just feel like the damper is more tuneable with a slightly softer spring.

O+
Posted: Oct 13, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
Can any of you give me some info on the storage compartment by the BB? It's been hard to find. How big is it, what can you fit in there, is it semi-watertight? Anything you can tell me would be helpful. Thanks

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 4:10 Quote
Have you found you have dropped the chain many times with the Cascade Chain Guide?

And you think it gives a lot less drag?

spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Been running the cascade guide for ~6 months now, changed to the one up 30T at the same time. Chainring still looks fine and is getting along with the new chain I put on last week.

eluder wrote:
To you all running the Cascade Chain guide are you getting more chainring wear? One of the reasons for the lower guide is to give more chain wrap on the crank. I am just curious what you all are seeing.

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
Hasn't dropped once. The change in drag is very noticeable

diranne wrote:
Have you found you have dropped the chain many times with the Cascade Chain Guide?

eluder wrote:

O+
Posted: Oct 29, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
Great! Will have to order one!

How many links did you remove for the 30T setup?

Hasn't dropped once. The change in drag is very noticeable

diranne wrote:

O+
Posted: Nov 22, 2022 at 3:24 Quote
Hi,
owning a medium dreadnought and thinking about the 2023 Super deluxe coil. Forbidden customer service says no, because piggyback clearance is too tight. I saw photos where it´s maybe 1,5mm space. Any long term experience here?

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 3:31 Quote
We have a customer who has this shock on M Dread. The celarence is pretty tight, that the expanse barrel touches ridewrap foil... when compressed. No Frame failure or bigger impact after month of riding it.
Jenson76 wrote:
Hi,
owning a medium dreadnought and thinking about the 2023 Super deluxe coil. Forbidden customer service says no, because piggyback clearance is too tight. I saw photos where it´s maybe 1,5mm space. Any long term experience here?

Posted: Jan 6, 2023 at 0:15 Quote
Hi, has anyone fitted a kitsuma shock on an XL frame? I won one from Aston MTB and the fitment looks rather snug. I've read on a Facebook group that on large frames under full compression as the shock arcs it rubs the downtube, enough to rub the paint off a tiny bit. I would love to use the shock but not entirely fussed if it doesn't fit or has issues as it only cost me 1 ticket!!.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010697
Mobile Version of Website