Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 11:10 Quote
I am trying to figure out if I want to go with the Druid or Dreadnought. I want an all-mountain bike that sits in between the two. Cascade makes a link for the Druid that jumps to 142mm of travel, and it's more progressive. I think this would be cool, especially if I ran the Druid with a coil. But I emailed cascade, and they said most frames have fitment issues with a coil or even a big air shock like the X2. They also said they're developing a new link that will fit the coil. Since I'm impatient, part of me wants to go with the Dreadnought, but I fear it may be a little overkill, and those 450mm chainstays worry me since my current bike has 430mm chainstays. Anyone heard anything about cascade releasing a new Forbidden link?

O+
Posted: May 6, 2021 at 12:34 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
I am trying to figure out if I want to go with the Druid or Dreadnought. I want an all-mountain bike that sits in between the two. Cascade makes a link for the Druid that jumps to 142mm of travel, and it's more progressive. I think this would be cool, especially if I ran the Druid with a coil. But I emailed cascade, and they said most frames have fitment issues with a coil or even a big air shock like the X2. They also said they're developing a new link that will fit the coil. Since I'm impatient, part of me wants to go with the Dreadnought, but I fear it may be a little overkill, and those 450mm chainstays worry me since my current bike has 430mm chainstays. Anyone heard anything about cascade releasing a new Forbidden link?

I questioned cascade on it because the stock link is the same part number for the druid and the dread, so maybe the cascade would work on both as well. I got the impression that they haven't even really thought about it yet, and were interested in getting their hands on a dreadnought for testing

O+
Posted: May 17, 2021 at 18:13 Quote
jimmy29 wrote:
Mime is large and yes it's long but only feels long when you are going super slow and trying to turn hard.

How about wheelies and manuals? Is it hard to get up? Sorry about all the questions it's just hard to find someone who owns this bike.

sdaly wrote:
I questioned cascade on it because the stock link is the same part number for the druid and the dread, so maybe the cascade would work on both as well. I got the impression that they haven't even really thought about it yet, and were interested in getting their hands on a dreadnought for testing

That's strange

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 10:14 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
jimmy29 wrote:
Mime is large and yes it's long but only feels long when you are going super slow and trying to turn hard.

How about wheelies and manuals? Is it hard to get up? Sorry about all the questions it's just hard to find someone who owns this bike
[/Quote]

No worries. I am not the best to comment as I am really quite average at both but it does do them. The bike isn't a car park jib machine though.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 13:28 Quote
I just finished building up my XL. Bike looks great, but on the first ride the chain seems to be getting hung up on the idler pulley. Is that because my chain is too short, or is my b tension not correct? It looks like the chain isn't quite engaging on the idler pulley teeth.

Posted: May 25, 2021 at 11:43 Quote
Anyone mulleted the Dreadnought? I have one reserved for the release and am tempted

O+
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
jplant wrote:
Anyone mulleted the Dreadnought? I have one reserved for the release and am tempted

Good idea, I wonder if the ziggy link shortens the chainstays?

O+
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 15:54 Quote
Waiting for mine to show up hopefully in the next couple weeks. Waiting to see how a 29er feels before I start buying parts to ziggy it. Never tried 29 before, curious if I'll just be happy on F/R 29

O+
Posted: May 25, 2021 at 16:30 Quote
sdaly wrote:
Waiting for mine to show up hopefully in the next couple weeks. Waiting to see how a 29er feels before I start buying parts to ziggy it. Never tried 29 before, curious if I'll just be happy on F/R 29

Never mind the ziggy link does shorten the chainstays by 4mm on the dreadnought.

Posted: May 28, 2021 at 7:00 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
sdaly wrote:

Never mind the ziggy link does shorten the chainstays by 4mm on the dreadnought.

True. From what I've seen from Lewis Buchanan on his YouTube and comparing geo numbers, it looks like it would be faster/more playful. Would be fun to have both set ups since it isn't a difficult swap to do.

Rumors are the Druid will have a complete mullet option this year. Maybe the Dreadnought will follow

FL
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 23:20 Quote
Hi I was wondering how you guys think the dreadnought would be coming from a 2021 s4 enduro expert. I really like the look of the component spec on the xt dreadnought as I have those quad pistons on my epic evo and like them way more over the codes. The lever just has a better feel and fits a lot better into my finger shape. I also like that the rear has high speed and low speed which I thought my bike would have but then it didn’t. Other than that I also really like the idea of a high pivot and the rearward axle. I remember when I first demoed the enduro in soquel on a sworks with a bashguard and going over log piles and stuff the rear would scoot out and just feel really smooth and in general so getting even more of that seems good. Besides that I also like the idea of the ability to switch to a mullet link and maybe even run a dual crown. I just also like that it forbidden seems more dedicated to providing support and resources to their bikes just off of all the guides for the druid I saw considering they only currently have two bikes in their lineup over specialized where the whole manual is just sending you to parts of their website that don’t even work for your bike. The issues I currently have with the enduro were sort of present before I got an epic evo but after that they really came forward. On the enduro it just never felt like I could push the bike it was more like the bike just went fast wether I wanted to or not and I just had to hang on. Besides that I just don’t really like the feel or power delivery on codes. I am kind of curious to try organic but if that doesn’t work than I’m kind of screwed there. Besides that I’m not really happy with the adjustability of the rear. I also am curious about a 40mm stem over 50 since most other bikes are a 40. Besides that I am still on the butchers after like 800 miles. It just feels like to make that stuff work is a lot of new stuff to put on and buy without a guarantee it would work. I also sort of feel like the bike is a little long for what I got it for which was to ride all the crazy steep trails. It’s definitely better than the epic evo or my old bike which was a stumpy st but the feeling of confidence over the confidence I get from the epic evo just isn’t there to be able to actually want to try to ride down the gnar because I just don’t feel like the control will he there or that I will be able to hold onto the bike. The other thing is I am going up to bend oregon soon to ride a s3 enduro, a medium sentinel, and a medium 29 rocky altitude, to see if those feel like better enduro bikes. It feels like the enduro is pretty good but only because it is an enduro bike but like for an enduro bike for me it doesn’t feel good if that makes sense. The one issue for me with the dreadnought is that I am in california so I don’t really know where I could go that is close to like demo the dreadnought. I feel like the numbers on the reach and stack on the medium dreadnought are very close to the s3 so depending on how much I like that or at least like it over the two other enduro bikes in bend and over my bike here will probably solidify wether or not I should go for a large which is similar to what I have or a medium which should be like what I will demo in bend. And to reclarify I feel like the dreadnought would be a good fit or am interested in it because I think a smaller size would possibly give me more control (for example some stuff I know the bike could do it but I wouldn’t be able to hold on to it) and because all of the enduros component specs are code brakes which I just don’t like among the rest of their spec not being entirely optimal.

Sorry for the long message but I just wanted to be as clear as possible to avoid any miscommunication or misunderstanding about what I hope to gain out of a dreadnought.

O+
Posted: Jun 30, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
My Dreadnought XT build with EXT storia and zeb ultimate should be arriving any day. Can't wait!

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2021 at 11:03 Quote
sdaly wrote:
photo

Looks killer, love it!!

Posted: Jul 20, 2021 at 13:25 Quote
Hi All,
Picked up my Medium Deep Space9 Dread over the weekend.
photo
photo

I was hoping to get some input from anyone who went with the EXT Storia V3 LOK on their Dread. I have got some great input from my LBS since my first ride but wanted to hear what others have done with their set up.

I have not ridden on these settings but here is what I am planning to try this weekend. All from close
HSC: 12
LSC: 10
R: 8
375 Spring

I am coming off a 2020 Specialized Enduro S3; reach and overall sizing feels almost identical to my new Dread. I am 5'10.5" Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.185624
Mobile Version of Website