close
Pinkbike is now part of Outside! As of December 3, 2021, please refer to the Outside Terms of Use and Privacy Policy which govern your use of the Pinkbike website and services.

Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
In case you are interested the cascade link for the druid also works on the dreadnought. Talked to them at sea otter today, they said that it's not on their website because they haven't run the numbers yet to find the total travel, progressivity, etc.

Posted: Oct 10, 2021 at 21:54 Quote
Huge bummer it's not compatible with the EXT though.

Posted: Oct 27, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
I wonder if with the Cascade link you could get the EXT Storia V3 to work with a reduced 62.5 mm stroke which would end up giving a 161mm travel instead of the full 168mm /65mm stroke Cascade set up? I was super disappointed that my Ohlin's TTX2 didn't fit anymore with the Cascade link installed at 65mm stroke....I guess I should get around to trying it at 62.5mm to see. The TTX2 had the the slightest of contact with the Cascade link at full extension/top out.
The Fox Float X2, DHX and DHX2 all fit with the Cascade link and 65mm stroke.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 11:37 Quote
I ride the druid mullet in medium and and might be looking at the dreadnought. I'm just under 5'8" and might be looking at the small instead of medium I kinda want to keep playfulness size of the druid but with extra plush and mid stroke support. Especially with the 63° ha with Ziggy link is on the slack side for me so I'm thinking a 1° headset angle would bring the ha at a more manageable 64° and bring the reach at 445 which is 5mm longer than my druid. It will unfortunately raise the bb. Does it make sense to go this way? I can transfer everything from my druid to the dreadnought frame as I have an ext era that can be bumped to 170.

Posted: Nov 6, 2021 at 23:03 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
I ride the druid mullet in medium and and might be looking at the dreadnought. I'm just under 5'8" and might be looking at the small instead of medium I kinda want to keep playfulness size of the druid but with extra plush and mid stroke support. Especially with the 63° ha with Ziggy link is on the slack side for me so I'm thinking a 1° headset angle would bring the ha at a more manageable 64° and bring the reach at 445 which is 5mm longer than my druid. It will unfortunately raise the bb. Does it make sense to go this way? I can transfer everything from my druid to the dreadnought frame as I have an ext era that can be bumped to 170.

Thats what im doin too. But i need to demo dreadnaught first jumping into buying it. Im 5'7 . Most of the guy i talked to about their dreadnaught if your medium on druid u can easily go small on dread. They said dreadnaught was feel long. I wanted it to be as close as my dirt jumper but in full squish. This is going to be my allround bike.

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 11:51 Quote
What length stem are you all running on your dreadnoughts? I have an L frame on order that I plan to build up. The stock builds come with a 40mm stem; However, I had steering traction issues on my Spesh Enduro with a 35mm stem... Changed to a 50mm and it got much better. Thing is my Enduro was s3, which has ~20mm less reach than the L dreadnought. There's obviously an element of personal preference here but curious to hear how others have theirs set up. Cheers

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
I'm 178 cm on a medium with 50mm stem. I'm happy with it

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 13:27 Quote
Was kinda worried about this myself... I'm 180cm and got along with the S3 Enduro. L dreadnought will feel like a bigger bike, which is why I'm unsure what stem length to run. Will probably be trial and error

sdaly wrote:
I'm 178 cm on a medium with 50mm stem. I'm happy with it

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 16:24 Quote
bradical72 wrote:
I wonder if with the Cascade link you could get the EXT Storia V3 to work with a reduced 62.5 mm stroke which would end up giving a 161mm travel instead of the full 168mm /65mm stroke Cascade set up? I was super disappointed that my Ohlin's TTX2 didn't fit anymore with the Cascade link installed at 65mm stroke....I guess I should get around to trying it at 62.5mm to see. The TTX2 had the the slightest of contact with the Cascade link at full extension/top out.

does this mean that the dreadnought running an x2 with the druid cascade like would be 168mm in the rear?

Posted: Nov 11, 2021 at 21:53 Quote
das87 wrote:
bradical72 wrote:

does this mean that the dreadnought running an x2 with the druid cascade like would be 168mm in the rear?

That is my understanding but we will have to wait on Cascade to be 100%.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.447474
Mobile Version of Website