Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 17:44 Quote
Nope. But what's this about a custom EXT spacer?

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 18:13 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
Any word on a Cascade link that’s Push 11.6 compatible? Other option is to have a custom machined spacer similar to the EXT adaptor made by Pinner Machine shop, but I’m hoping Cascade would have something more broadly compatible in the works.
I will say wait to see what forbidden have in the works for the dh team with their custom link. Will probably be cheaper than cascade, wont void warranty and most likely will fit coil shock.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 20:26 Quote
sdaly wrote:

https://pinnermachineshop.com/collections/special-products/products/spring-spacer-ext-forbidden-cascade

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
sdaly wrote:

https://pinnermachineshop.com/collections/special-products/products/spring-spacer-ext-forbidden-cascade

I had no idea somebody came up with a solution for the EXT and cascade link compatibility issue. Thanks for sharing.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 20:47 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
Any word on a Cascade link that’s Push 11.6 compatible? Other option is to have a custom machined spacer similar to the EXT adaptor made by Pinner Machine shop, but I’m hoping Cascade would have something more broadly compatible in the works.

Push works up to a 400lb spring I believe

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 18:35 Quote
Dreadnaught ziggy vs insurgent MX ? I can’t decide…. Also putting same question in evil forum.

Posted: Feb 5, 2022 at 18:59 Quote
kcw72 wrote:
Dreadnaught ziggy vs insurgent MX ? I can’t decide…. Also putting same question in evil forum.
I’ve owned and ridden both. I prefer the dread.

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 10:12 Quote
Does anyone run their Dreadnought without the lower chain guide pulley? Seems to be a bit of a target for rocks/logs and gets easily bent, rubbing against the back tire. I assume the chances of the chain jumping off the chainring are much higher without it. Are there other options for an aftermarket lower guide that is less likely to bend all the time? Cheers

Posted: Feb 8, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
Does anyone run their Dreadnought without the lower chain guide pulley? Seems to be a bit of a target for rocks/logs and gets easily bent, rubbing against the back tire. I assume the chances of the chain jumping off the chainring are much higher without it. Are there other options for an aftermarket lower guide that is less likely to bend all the time? Cheers

Cascade’s lower guide is pretty solid, much less drag without the lower pulley on the e13 guide. Bashed it a couple times so far but still looks good

Posted: Feb 11, 2022 at 2:22 Quote

Another potential option with a little more retention perhaps:
https://mrpbike.com/products/sxg-2-bolt?variant=40468404568248

Posted: Feb 13, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
tp806 wrote:

Another potential option with a little more retention perhaps:
https://mrpbike.com/products/sxg-2-bolt?variant=40468404568248

Thanks man! Oval compatible, I am buying one! There is so much drag and noise from the e13 roller on this bike!

Posted: Feb 14, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
bupdegra wrote:

Cascade’s lower guide is pretty solid, much less drag without the lower pulley on the e13 guide. Bashed it a couple times so far but still looks good

Thank you for sharing this! I just ordered one.

Posted: Feb 16, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
ybsurf wrote:
I will say wait to see what forbidden have in the works for the dh team with their custom link. Will probably be cheaper than cascade, wont void warranty and most likely will fit coil shock.

Their link (+other changes) nets them 180mm travel. I was told no plans to release the link to the public as a number of other changes are needed to get that. Didnt say what the other changes were, but Im guessing a modified ziggy and probably offset bushings or something of that ilk.

Being able to get more travel out of my dread while keeping my RS SD coil would be fantastic but sounds like its never going to happen

Posted: Feb 17, 2022 at 22:30 Quote
stpfreeek wrote:
ybsurf wrote:

Their link (+other changes) nets them 180mm travel. I was told no plans to release the link to the public as a number of other changes are needed to get that. Didnt say what the other changes were, but Im guessing a modified ziggy and probably offset bushings or something of that ilk.

Being able to get more travel out of my dread while keeping my RS SD coil would be fantastic but sounds like its never going to happen
You can do it, I did it by machining a custom spring plate. I also machined about 1mm out of the inside of the cascade link.

Posted: Feb 22, 2022 at 18:54 Quote
Installed the cascade lower guide. There isn’t any noticeable drag anymore… much nicer to pedal around and climb. Time will tell if the chain hops off or not. I’ve had mine hop off twice on the LG1 but also hit it a few times, causing it to bend and rub the rear tire. Not cheap but definitely an upgrade

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010051
Mobile Version of Website