Forbidden Dreadnought Owners

PB Forum :: Other
Forbidden Dreadnought Owners
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 14:50 Quote
Anyone had trouble with noticeable cable rattle inside the frame? Be it a full build or a frame you've bought and built up? It's the one noise I can't stand on a bike these days.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
I noticed some when the storage compartment was empty. Now that it's packed with stuff, there's no rattle or noise. You could also resort to cable sleeves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWhBM7KEoQ

clarkson136 wrote:
Anyone had trouble with noticeable cable rattle inside the frame? Be it a full build or a frame you've bought and built up? It's the one noise I can't stand on a bike these days.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 16:40 Quote
spendtimebehindbars wrote:
I noticed some when the storage compartment was empty. Now that it's packed with stuff, there's no rattle or noise. You could also resort to cable sleeves... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWhBM7KEoQ

clarkson136 wrote:

Curious what do you put in the storage? I'm on a Druid but it's empty.

O+
Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 16:53 Quote
Spare pads, bolts, hanger, chain links/tool, first aid stuff, gps tracker, snacks, etc

rsmisko wrote:

clarkson136 wrote:

Curious what do you put in the storage? I'm on a Druid but it's empty.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 3:34 Quote
bupdegra wrote:
TW138 wrote:
Installed the cascade lower guide. There isn’t any noticeable drag anymore… much nicer to pedal around and climb. Time will tell if the chain hops off or not. I’ve had mine hop off twice on the LG1 but also hit it a few times, causing it to bend and rub the rear tire. Not cheap but definitely an upgrade
photo

I did the same. Curious, how many links did you need to take out of the chain?

I took 4 links out of my chain after swapping the e13 guide for the Cascade guide

I am thinking of moving over to the Cascade link on a Large frame. Just wondering if anyone has do e the same and can you get away with 1 full chain? I see above it works with 1 chain on a medium. If its the same on a large then that will be a game changer for me as I always thought it wasn't the best solution to join chains together.

Posted: Apr 18, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
Anyone here in the New England area?

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 10:45 Quote
DANKimball wrote:

New England yes... Forbidden owner no. I'd love to check one out before buying but I haven't seen any in the area at all

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
luked5 wrote:
DANKimball wrote:

New England yes... Forbidden owner no. I'd love to check one out before buying but I haven't seen any in the area at all

I’m ok to buy without riding first. Just curious of feedback of how they fare on the terrain here.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 13:17 Quote
DANKimball wrote:
New England yes... Forbidden owner no. I'd love to check one out before buying but I haven't seen any in the area at all.

I’m ok to buy without riding first. Just curious of feedback of how they fare on the terrain here.

Any YouTube videos of your local terrain / your favourite laps?

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
JKinger wrote:
DANKimball wrote:
New England yes... Forbidden owner no. I'd love to check one out before buying but I haven't seen any in the area at all.

Negative!

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
DANKimball wrote:
JKinger wrote:
DANKimball wrote:

Negative!

Well, my experience with the Dreadnought is that it's at home on steep/fast/rough terrain.
Every section that I've come across that is more flat and XC, not fun. So, if your primary terrain is like XC / Flat... the Dreadnought is not the right bike.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
JKinger wrote:
DANKimball wrote:
JKinger wrote:

Negative!

Well, my experience with the Dreadnought is that it's at home on steep/fast/rough terrain.
Every section that I've come across that is more flat and XC, not fun. So, if your primary terrain is like XC / Flat... the Dreadnought is not the right bike.

Hope that helps.

That is the challenge that I am facing.

New England riding is kinda considered.. both.

It’s pretty hard to compare to the terrain of where the testing/reviews etc. have taken place.

I can gather a pretty good idea but that the bike is a lot of coin to spend based on a “pretty good idea”

Thank you though!!

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 20:42 Quote
DANKimball wrote:
JKinger wrote:
DANKimball wrote:

Negative!

Hope that helps.

It’s pretty hard to compare to the terrain of where the testing/reviews etc. have taken place.

I can gather a pretty good idea but that the bike is a lot of coin to spend based on a “pretty good idea”

Thank you though!!

Definitely a struggle if you have both types of terrain. I will try to keep it short - I rode my Dread in Whistler for a week and I never under-biked. My regular riding is a fire road or climb trail to steeper/rougher trails. Dread lives for the down and is happy to be a sit and spin bike on the climb. Not a great climber, not a terrible climber. If I had 50% XC/Flat and 50% steep chunda for my regular trails on top of knowing what I do now, I would stay away from a Dreadnought. I would probably look at a Stumpy, Bronson or the Druid. Only an opinion Smile

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 10:11 Quote
TW138 wrote:
DANKimball wrote:
JKinger wrote:

Hope that helps.

Thank you though!!

Definitely a struggle if you have both types of terrain. I will try to keep it short - I rode my Dread in Whistler for a week and I never under-biked. My regular riding is a fire road or climb trail to steeper/rougher trails. Dread lives for the down and is happy to be a sit and spin bike on the climb. Not a great climber, not a terrible climber. If I had 50% XC/Flat and 50% steep chunda for my regular trails on top of knowing what I do now, I would stay away from a Dreadnought. I would probably look at a Stumpy, Bronson or the Druid. Only an opinion Smile

I got you!

The thing is our XC/“flat” trails are very technical with large chunky rocks and lots of big roots. I would run a mullet for the tighter trails.

What my concern is… how does it manage in rough technical climbs? Where there are lots of obstacles to work the rear wheel over and relying on lots of traction.

The climbs aren’t generally so steep. Its more that your line choice, suspension kinematics, and traction are important.

I need an all around bike for tech, big hits, and most importantly having fun. I considered the Druid and more trail oriented bikes (i have a Mondraker Foxy now) I need more travel and better geometry.

The Dreadnought basically checks all the boxes for me.

Thank you everyone for all the input

- Dank

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2022 at 16:25 Quote
I’d prolly get something like the new revel rail for the ne, dreddy is so f*cking slack and long it really only makes sense for the steepest and fastest trails, it’s a pig to get around anything flatter

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.032019
Mobile Version of Website