Rockshox reverb AXS shaft issues

PB Forum :: SRAM
Rockshox reverb AXS shaft issues
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 12:17 Quote
I have a RS reverb AXS 170 mm 31,9ø dropper post on my hardtail. After 9months I discovered some nasty scratches on the shafts' backside. I sent it back to the store and they replaced it under warranty. After 5 months now I found similiar scratches on the new seatpost. The scratches are caused by the internals,
not by falling or inapropriate use.
Does anyone else experienced these issues?

Posted: Aug 1, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
I'm a bit late to reply but it might be good for other people searching for similar issues.

I've had somewhat similar issues with my Rockshox Reverb Stealth. My first Reverb showed scratches after a few rides and soon completely refused to move back up.
The second and third reverb I received through warrenty showed scratches during the first ride, the third one even after the very first actuation.

The only difference is that my Reverbs all had the scratches on the front of the post. All on the lower half of the stanchion.

My Reverb is a 200mm 31.6mm C1 model. I think the reverb simply can't handle the internal forces when paired with a somewhat heavier rider. I sometimes wonder if they forgot riders that use a long dropperpost are also generally taller and thus heavier people. I mean, I'm a little over 100kg but I'm not overweight.

I'm now trying to get a refund and have my eyes set on a One-up or Bikeyoke dropperpost.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 4:23 Quote
I switchen over to pnw loam dropper very fast delivery from US to Europe, no additional taxes or customs and check with lifitime warranty. My axs lies somewhere in the box waiting for me to ship it back to Bike Components.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005376
Mobile Version of Website