Carbon handlebar

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Carbon handlebar
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 13:03 Quote
Hello,

Because i get a lot of hand sorrones with alloy bar , i decided to go carbon bars, i am deciding mostly between OneUp handlebar and Renthal carbon handlebar. Any other good option and if you had to decide between those 2 which would you go?

Thank you

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 13:17 Quote
meebo wrote:
Hello,

Because i get a lot of hand sorrones with alloy bar , i decided to go carbon bars, i am deciding mostly between OneUp handlebar and Renthal carbon handlebar. Any other good option and if you had to decide between those 2 which would you go?

Thank you

oneup... i ran renthal for years thinking they were the best but unfortunately their MTB stuff is not as good as their MX stuff.
oneup's bars are seriously nice, i also havnt seen or heard about any breaking unlike the renthal ones.

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 14:30 Quote
meebo wrote:
Hello,

Thank you

I've also suffered from hand pain and numbness (wrists as well) while riding. I tried a couple of sets of carbon bars and a half-dozen sets of grips before settling on SQlab 30x carbon bar with 16 degree backsweep and 30mm rise along with Deity Supracush grips. Like you, I thought that switching from alloy to carbon would reduce trail chatter and help alleviate the pain but no such luck. It seems that the biggest contributor to hand soreness and numbness is the lack of sufficient backsweep which puts the wrists in a kinked position thereby causing problems. (The SQlab website can explain the science behind it better than I can). To illustrate what I mean, grab an 1 1/4" dowel (or something similar) by 12 or 18 inches long, sit on your bike in a stationery position, grip the dowels, and place your hands over the top of your handlebars in a normal riding position and check the angle of the dowels against your bars. In my case, even though my carbon bar had a 9 degree backsweep, it was obvious that my wrists were being kinked in a non-neutral position. (I hope that explanation made sense). Also, these are the stiffest bars I've ridden (carbon or alloy) so I'm not sure how much chatter-absorption is going on, but the increased backsweep seems more important as far as alleviating pain. They also come in 3 different rises which helps with setting up your cockpit in a way that you're accustomed to. I wouldn't bother with their 12 degree backsweep bars; in my case it's not enough. One other thing, if you decide on the 16 degree bars you'll need to install a 20mm longer stem if you want to keep your reach comparable to what you're accustomed to. Anyway, that's been my experience in my search for comfort. I realize that cockpit setups are a very individual thing and what works for me may not work for you. There are plenty of independent online reviews if you're interested in checking it out further. One last comment regarding the bars is that the large backsweep isn't as funky-looking as you might expect. I'll also add that their saddles are the most comfortable as well.

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
meebo wrote:
Hello,

Thank you

oneup... i ran renthal for years thinking they were the best but unfortunately their MTB stuff is not as good as their MX stuff.
oneup's bars are seriously nice, i also havnt seen or heard about any breaking unlike the renthal ones.

I thought of Oneup when I was asking about some Spank Vibrocores on here..but some guy said don't get the one up, they are shit carbon and his failed....so he said.

I had Renthal Lites before they have more give than the normal Renthal and are lighter but don't thibk they are officially DH rated...then again my cheap Chinese £20 carbon bar off Ebay is also light and has good flex to it and is comfortable...whether is durable is another question, no problems yet with it other than it doesn't have a textured clamping area so had it slip a few times as I'm scared of overtightening and creating even more of a deathtrap.

Have to say I'm interested in those Fasst bars but they are some serious £££

Posted: Feb 13, 2021 at 21:33 Quote
I'm running both a oneup on one hightower and a renthal on another hightower and to be honest they feel about the same to myself with maybe a slight advantage to the oneup's on reducing vibrations. The oneup's seem to be a bit more durable so far compared to the renthal's but I would use either one again.

Posted: Aug 26, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
When I got this UPANBIKE mountain bike extra long handlebar, I was amazed by its stylish design that mixed well with my bike’s structure. This handler is constructed out of Aluminum Alloy 6061, ensuring superb durability. Every side comes with a durable anodizing feature numerically controlled to give off accurate bending and shockproof feature and compatible with most bikes.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 4:47 Quote
I bought Carbon Handlebar MTB from EC90 to use for light casual trail riding, no jumps or stunts. I believe they are sufficient for that. It offers 25.4/31.8 mm clam diameter and a length of 31.8mm by 660 to 760mm and another measurement of 25.4mm by 660 to 720mm with drops that flare by 15 degrees. So I can easily determine what option works for me with these variations.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 6:05 Quote
EC90 China carbon bar is very comfortable..but a bit flexible and I wouldn't trust it for big jumps at all or super aggressive dh and large riders. But as a trail bar it's very comfortable and cheap...wouldn't be surprised if it was more comfortable than a One UP bar simply because it's so flexy.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008667
Mobile Version of Website