Switchblade Live-Valve vs. DPX2

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Switchblade Live-Valve vs. DPX2
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
I'm going to buy a Switchblade but I'm not sure if I should go with Live-Valve or just stock DPX2.

I was able to demo a DPX2 and loved the bike in the rough but I felt it was a little spongy on the smooth singletrack. At 250lbs I really felt the bike bobbing when standing and pedaling, so I was thinking that the Live-Valve would solve that problem but since it's a differrent rear shock I worry that it'll loose that magic switchblade "feel".

Anyone out there demoed both or purchased the Live-Valve version? I love to hear from you.

Posted: 8 hours ago Quote
Have you watched a few of the live valve reviews of other bikes? Kinda sounds like live valve flips that making climbing perfect but it makes a firm, stiff feel on the decent which totally kills the point of that bike. I have a race xt and have just the standard performance dpx2. I would like to get a bit more adjustability from the shock but will probably get a push coil on it so I know that the tune is for me specifically. If you wanted to get the best bang for your buck I would say a push set up for you would prob make that bike way better than live valve for the cost.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004691
Mobile Version of Website