2021 LYRIK Ultimate stanchion issue help

PB Forum :: SRAM
2021 LYRIK Ultimate stanchion issue help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
Hello everyone. Backstory, purchased this Lyrik a couple of months ago. Just finished my build and after the first ride I noticed that the left stanchion (where sag markings are) have white spots all over. Is not very visible in some lighting but definitely there. Not sure if the dots are little scratches or if it's "paint" that's used for the sag markings.

Honestly I noticed the spots when I first mounted the fork so it's not use related. It came like this:

photo
photo

What do you guys/girls think? Is this acceptable? Common issue? It is not dust or debris, I cannot remove it with a cloth.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
Try riding more, let it break in and if it's still there and it bothers you, try contacting rockshox to see what they think (or do it now).

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
Mobius147 wrote:
Try riding more, let it break in and if it's still there and it bothers you, try contacting rockshox to see what they think (or do it now).

It is still there, definitely some type of stain/scratch. Contacted Sram, they claim they have never seen anything like that but won't warranty it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 9:41 Quote
militantmandy wrote:
Can you feel them?

Not at all, Cannot feel it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2021 at 10:35 Quote
pipomax wrote:
militantmandy wrote:
Can you feel them?

Not at all, Cannot feel it.

Not great that SRAM won't warranty, but if it's totally smooth it shouldn't have any impact on the performance or seals. Hard to see in photos how noticeable it actually is.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008445
Mobile Version of Website