Yeti vs. Guerilla Gravity

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Yeti vs. Guerilla Gravity
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
Danzzz88 wrote:
You could always get a second hand one in great condition, I was lucky with mine, paid £2700 for the frame on Ebay with Push 11.6 and Hope bb fitted off a guy on here that goes through bikes left right and centre. The frame alone new with dhx2 is £3700 add a £1200 push, Hope bb and invisframe and I got £5000 worth of kit for nearly half price not a single mark, scratch or spec of dirt on it, in fact I would say better than new as it came fully invisiframed by a professional car body vinyl fitter and I could never fit it myself to that standard. My brand new sb6 frame came in worse knick and a worse box. So don't be afraid to buy second hand if you are buying off a guy who looks after his stuff and has barely used it. I rather pay the same for a better bike used in good condition than pay full rrp for a lesser brand.

Warranty is a big consideration with carbon frames though. There is no warranty if you buy one second hand.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 4:48 Quote
I had 3x yeti sb150 two of them had cracked so sold both nice bikes but not for me Smile placed order on evil wreckoning v3 i love the reviews and goe number's will see how it will ride.

Posted: Apr 6, 2021 at 14:55 Quote
Dang it would be nice if Evil ditched super boost lol. I dig them otherwise!

Posted: Apr 7, 2021 at 14:24 Quote
I had a 2019 Yeti SB150 that I brought brand new. I would not say I had a bunch of issues, I would say its a bike that requires a lot of maintenance.

I raced it and road it for a little over a year and I had to always make sure I was tightening things back down (yes I was using the proper torque spec etc) it wasn't a lack of maintenance or incorrect washing its just my experience.

The issue came down to in order to tighten certain bolts you would really have to dismantle part of the bike. If I was tightening things down pretty often the bike ripped imho.

But..I lost some swing arm bolts during a race (didn't check for like two stages) and lost a full bolt. Always had to make sure everything was tight even if I used loctite. Lost a different bolt another time and destroyed a swing arm, luckily found one here for cheap.

When I did need to replace the bolts yeti was on top of it and I drove right down and picked up what I needed just about anytime. Cost of ownership was tedious but again this bike was an absolute ripper on the downs.

Posted: Apr 8, 2021 at 13:15 Quote
frenchtoaster wrote:
I had a 2019 Yeti SB150 that I brought brand new. I would not say I had a bunch of issues, I would say its a bike that requires a lot of maintenance.

I raced it and road it for a little over a year and I had to always make sure I was tightening things back down (yes I was using the proper torque spec etc) it wasn't a lack of maintenance or incorrect washing its just my experience.

The issue came down to in order to tighten certain bolts you would really have to dismantle part of the bike. If I was tightening things down pretty often the bike ripped imho.

But..I lost some swing arm bolts during a race (didn't check for like two stages) and lost a full bolt. Always had to make sure everything was tight even if I used loctite. Lost a different bolt another time and destroyed a swing arm, luckily found one here for cheap.

When I did need to replace the bolts yeti was on top of it and I drove right down and picked up what I needed just about anytime. Cost of ownership was tedious but again this bike was an absolute ripper on the downs.

Not discounting your experience, but I would double check that your torque wrench(s) are accurate.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005712
Mobile Version of Website