Wreckoning or Offering

PB Forum :: Other
Wreckoning or Offering
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 18, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
I ride my local trail every once in a while, I have a trail bike that I use for that, but probably once a while I go to the bike park and I do a short enduro-like run about every two weeks. By enduro run I mean I climb about 3,000 ft then descend 3,000ft on a downhill like run in my neighborhood. Of recent, I've felt like my trail bike can't keep up on the downhill at high speeds. It has older geometry 68 HT 73 ST. I'm looking to get a new bike. I want something that I can pedal decently but also have a lot of fun on the downhill. So Evil Wreckoning V3 or Evil Offering V2, I'm not sure which to pick. I've heard the offering pedals and descends really well. But I've also heard the Wreckoning pedals surprisingly well and goes downhill like a DH bike but with the short chainstays, it's surprisedly nimble.

Posted: Apr 20, 2021 at 21:46 Quote
What’s the downhill trail like? Chunks? Lots of bumps and such? Either way I’d say the offering is probably going to suit all of your needs no problem, and will climb better. I originally wanted a Wreck but decided my next bike will most likely be an Offering.

Posted: Oct 15, 2021 at 21:13 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
I ride my local trail every once in a while, I have a trail bike that I use for that, but probably once a while I go to the bike park and I do a short enduro-like run about every two weeks. By enduro run I mean I climb about 3,000 ft then descend 3,000ft on a downhill like run in my neighborhood. Of recent, I've felt like my trail bike can't keep up on the downhill at high speeds. It has older geometry 68 HT 73 ST. I'm looking to get a new bike. I want something that I can pedal decently but also have a lot of fun on the downhill. So Evil Wreckoning V3 or Evil Offering V2, I'm not sure which to pick. I've heard the offering pedals and descends really well. But I've also heard the Wreckoning pedals surprisingly well and goes downhill like a DH bike but with the short chainstays, it's surprisedly nimble.

I originally planned to go with the Wreckoning after hearing how well it pedaled. But once the Offering was released and rumblings began to surface about how bottomless it was on bigger hits, I felt the smaller bike would better suite my all around riding style. I’ve been running the new Offering all season and couldn’t be happier. My riding consists of a mix of faster paced jumpy trails and steep chunky bike park stuff on the weekends, and xc type pedally trails during the week. My current setup is 160/140, in x-low, stock headset. I do have a -1deg angle set I thought that I’d need, bought on day one, but it’s sat in my toolbox all season. The bike rides too damn good to mess with it. If your riding a bike park and shuttling downhill runs 100% of the time, go with the Wreckoning. If you want a bike that can pedal very well, handle bike parks and chunk, and remain flickable, I’d suggest the Offering. Good luck!

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 17:10 Quote
midwest-division wrote:
Kidklayko wrote:

I originally planned to go with the Wreckoning after hearing how well it pedaled. But once the Offering was released and rumblings began to surface about how bottomless it was on bigger hits, I felt the smaller bike would better suite my all around riding style. I’ve been running the new Offering all season and couldn’t be happier. My riding consists of a mix of faster paced jumpy trails and steep chunky bike park stuff on the weekends, and xc type pedally trails during the week. My current setup is 160/140, in x-low, stock headset. I do have a -1deg angle set I thought that I’d need, bought on day one, but it’s sat in my toolbox all season. The bike rides too damn good to mess with it. If your riding a bike park and shuttling downhill runs 100% of the time, go with the Wreckoning. If you want a bike that can pedal very well, handle bike parks and chunk, and remain flickable, I’d suggest the Offering. Good luck!

Sounds like a rad bike, after demoing a v2 it felt a little too planted for my liking, never got to try the wrecker but, ended up going with a 147/170 Ibis ripmo to kinda split the difference. I do a descent amount of shuttling at Northstar but I also go on 3,4,5k rides too. Thanks for the input, enjoy that v2, sounds like one hell of a bike

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
i would be considering the headaches vancan has been going through with his frames breaking.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 21:16 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
i would be considering the headaches vancan has been going through with his frames breaking.

I did see that, there was another guy on an evil forum, who showed a crack in his v3 wrecker, kinda weird because their frames a kinda heavy and known to be fairly durable. I mean look at the head tube!

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 1:37 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

I did see that, there was another guy on an evil forum, who showed a crack in his v3 wrecker, kinda weird because their frames a kinda heavy and known to be fairly durable. I mean look at the head tube!

im part of the evil owners group on FB and the stuff on there stops me getting one, more so because im 210lbs. im sure a lighter rider would be ok

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:29 Quote
I realized that I ride fairly aggressively and I ride Northstar a lot. Lots of rocks kicking up, and big rocks I bash my bike into. I have cracked my previous Santa Cruz twice already, and this leads me to believe that they make shitty frames. (Sorry Comments Frown ) Frame durability is a somewhat large concern, I always run bash guard and all the undercarriage protection I can because of this. My Mojo HD3 has been tortured and has a few scratches and not a single chip. I've heard evil makes durable frames, but after seeing a video of a dude who simply just got a rock stuck in his chainstay and destroyed the entire rear triangle, I questioned Evil. The lifetime warranty is convincing, but I just didn't want a bike that big, and didn't like frame cracking history.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.005748
Mobile Version of Website