Issue with ride planner when trying to cross public road

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Issue with ride planner when trying to cross public road
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 19, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
I'm trying to us the route planner (ride planner) to plan a MTB ride in Spring Mountain, Australia. But the ride I'm planning crosses a public main road, and the planner keeps giving very indirect routes. Is there a way of avoiding this?
The ride I'm planning starts with Boronia Trail, crosses a main road and continues south along Ironbark Track. When I select Boronia Trail as the start point and Ironbark Track as the second point, route planner directs me east along the main road, round through the suburbs and then onto Ironbark Track from the south. It won't allow me to have a straight southbound ride along Boronia and then onto Ironbark. Is this happening because the end of Boronia Trail is north of the main road, and the start of Ironbark Track is on the opposite side more than thirty metres away? As it's a main road there is no "bike track" (or pavement) connecting the endpoints of the two trails. Is it possible to force route planner to choose a particular direction?

Mod Plus
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 19:17 Quote
Best to use the Route Planner "draw" method for now. The auto-routing is currently in the process of being re-created and will be a much better system soon!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004495
Mobile Version of Website