Commencal Meta HT AM sizing guide. 179cm and Medium? Thouhgts?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Commencal Meta HT AM sizing guide. 179cm and Medium? Thouhgts?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
Hi,

Looking at buying the Commencal Meta HT AM Essential.

I'm 179cm tall with 88cm inseam.

Not sure what size to choose. I see that the sizes of commencal are different than other brands, their Reach on the M is 420 and 440 on the Large.

I enjoy speedy downhill, enduro, jumps, technical trails and free-ride features.

Not sure what to choose, the difference in reach is only 2cm... but I'd rather go for the playful bike.

My only concern is that I might feel like I'm on a kids bike. Like I'm oversized for it. I don't want my peddaling to be hindered by the bar beeing too close (is this a thing?).

So I really need some help since trying them out isn't an option in my country.

Thank you all!

FL
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
At your height your choice should be between a large and extra large. The large is already going to feel small as it is. Your description of your trails also point you more towards the XL

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
At your height your choice should be between a large and extra large. The large is already going to feel small as it is. Your description of your trails also point you more towards the XL

I'm unsure, because a lot of people my height are saying that they are riding M and some are saying Large... I know it's personal prefrence. But I'm nervous that the bike in size L will feel really dull and tame.

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 8:58 Quote
Looking at the geometry on both a large and XL if you want a more playful bike I'd go for the large. I went from a 2010 large frame to a 2017 medium Frame as the reach loads more. Being the same sort of height as you. You will fit a XL better than a large but a large with a long dropper I feel will be more fun

O+ FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 9:57 Quote
I am 183.5 cm and have been sizing down lately...but that Commencal Meta HT is really short. 445mm reach is the same as my long-gone 2014 Specialized Enduro in a L.

So I would go XL with the shortest stem you can find. Only reason to do L is if you want a bit better climbing traction. I wouldn't even consider the M unless you're looking for something that's basically a dirt jumper.

FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
Fature wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

I'm unsure, because a lot of people my height are saying that they are riding M and some are saying Large... I know it's personal prefrence. But I'm nervous that the bike in size L will feel really dull and tame.

Again as it is the large will be small for you. Im about your height and I wouldn’t consider the medium in the slightest

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 3:29 Quote
I'm 182 and my L is to small for my liking, wish I went XL. Damn heavy bike though.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 6:40 Quote
Fature wrote:
Hi,

Not sure what size to choose. I see that the sizes of commencal are different than other brands, their Reach on the M is 420 and 440 on the Large.

I enjoy speedy downhill, enduro, jumps, technical trails and free-ride features.

Not sure what to choose, the difference in reach is only 2cm... but I'd rather go for the playful bike.

My only concern is that I might feel like I'm on a kids bike. Like I'm oversized for it. I don't want my peddaling to be hindered by the bar beeing too close (is this a thing?).

Thank you all!
I am 180cm used to have a medium and brought an xl and I think it’s really good

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 6:44 Quote
Fature wrote:
Hi,

Thank you all!
definitely do not go medium it really isn’t very good with a 420 reach the large is a 445 which I imagine is quite good fun but overall I would go for a xl with a 470mm which to me seems like the best reach for most people atm and the seat tube isn’t even that long either. My take on this is if you can fit a 150mm dropper on the xl then get the xl of not a large is best

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 14:47 Quote
I was in this same dilemma and ended up ordering the large. I'm 178cm but 79cm inseam. I would normally order medium but looking at the numbers and comparing it to my medium Nukeproof Reactor which fits like a glove, the medium would be more like a small/medium. The large was closer in size to my current bike. I have ridden my GF's men's medium Talon and the medium HT are closer to that and I felt a little cramped on that bike.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010646
Mobile Version of Website