Upgrade from '20 Optic?

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 21, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
Hey everyone, I currently have a 2020 Norco Optic which I really like. However, with the possibility of things opening back up this year, I'd like to do some enduro races and possibly go to a bike park or two. Right now I'm thinking I want something with just a tad bit more rear travel than the 125mm the Optic has.

I'm currently looking at the Forbidden Druid, but the thought of adding angle set reducers to get the geometry I want is kind of pushing me away, but I am in love with HSP designs. I'm also looking at the Norco Sight which has good geo from the box but might be a bit too burly for my everyday riding.

What do you guys think? Is it even worth upgrading or should I just deal with some harsh bottom outs on the Optic?

Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Id get a bigger bike, is your area and local riding pretty gnarly?

Also if you want to sell the optic hit me up :-)

Based off the reviews, the sight climbs and is playful as well. Maybe not as much as the optic but still quite nimble for being a bit burlier.

Auzyman wrote:
Id get a bigger bike, is your area and local riding pretty gnarly?

Also if you want to sell the optic hit me up :-)

Based off the reviews, the sight climbs and is playful as well. Maybe not as much as the optic but still quite nimble for being a bit burlier.

My local trails are right on the edge of needing something more, I can get by with what I have but as soon as I start straight line charging it gets a little overwhelmed.

Sure the Optic could handle the parks and races but would probably be more work and cost some time on the downs. There are great enduro bikes that climb well. I have no experience with the Druid or Sight but bikes like the Sentinel V2 or even the Meta TR would be great one bike options that can climb and smash. I have read great things on the Druid but that is 130mm rear so not sure how much difference it would be from what you currently have.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.004529
Mobile Version of Website