Show your e-MTB

PB Forum :: eMTB
Show your e-MTB
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
Brasher wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
To me, when it comes to ebikes, there is no downside to having long travel, so why not have it? The negatives of long travel on a regular bike, (pedal efficiently, especially climbing) no longer matter once you have a motor, especially a full power motor and battery. I’m all for a lightweight ebike, but I also want it to be a full power motor with a large capacity battery and long travel too. There are no limitations for it. You can still do long epic trail rides, long technical climbs or smash bike park and big jumps and chunk. On the other hand, short travel ebikes are more limited on what they can do, or can’t do well, like Black, double black or red DH trails and bike park abuse. I’ve definitely been having a blast on mine. I fn love it! Just my 2 cents.

yep that is the consensus from everyone I know with one, more is more and more is better.

However, I have a Range VLT with 180/170 travel and seriously out there geo, it is a bit like bringing a Tank to a knife fight if you want to go for a casual trail ride. But point it down wild trails and it just eats them up.

I had a 150mm travel emtb with conservative geo (merida e160) before the range and it was arguably more "fun" but definitely not as fast or confidence inspiring or flat out capable. I suppose it comes down to your preferences and the terrain you ride really.

I have an E160 and I find it awesome for all type of riding which is great as I have a 120 and a Spire. I've considered getting a more aggressive ebike but to be honest alot of what I ride doesn't require it and it would dull easier trails even more (I find the e160s suspension performs really well). And I still get my spire out for enduro type riding.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 4:20 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
To me, when it comes to ebikes, there is no downside to having long travel, so why not have it? The negatives of long travel on a regular bike, (pedal efficiently, especially climbing) no longer matter once you have a motor, especially a full power motor and battery. I’m all for a lightweight ebike, but I also want it to be a full power motor with a large capacity battery and long travel too. There are no limitations for it. You can still do long epic trail rides, long technical climbs or smash bike park and big jumps and chunk. On the other hand, short travel ebikes are more limited on what they can do, or can’t do well, like Black, double black or red DH trails and bike park abuse. I’ve definitely been having a blast on mine. I fn love it! Just my 2 cents.

To me this highly depends on where you ride. I feel like the Repeater hits the sweetspot for what I ride, which is everything from bikepark, enduro to high alpine riding. I'm lucky enough to work as a salesrep for both Transition and Mondraker, among alot of other brands as well, and I've tried Mondraker's Level RR. To me thats a bit to much downhill-focused and ''slugish'' bike for my riding, but holy hell it shreds down.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 5:30 Quote
boylagz wrote:
Can't get myself to buy an ebike with less than 150 in the back. I've got the assistance so why sacrifice downhill fun for efficiency. Now the shuttle lt just came out but ep8. Lol no tnx.

This is basically my thoughts, but I also get that it comes down to preferences. Different strokes for different folks and all.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 7:17 Quote
Breh even 160 sometimes feels like it's not enough. TWSS

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 9:11 Quote
I’m not riding huge features all day that require so much travel. 95% of my riding can be had comfortably with 125-150mm of travel. I have my Megatower 2 for trails that require more travel for bigger features. My ebike is used more for miles and distance (trail/XC), as opposed to enduro/DH.

My Orbea Rise is 160/140 weighing in at 43lbs.
The Pivot SL is 150/132 weighing in at approximately 37lbs.

Not much difference in travel, but the weight savings is tremendous, along with a DW link.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 10:42 Quote
I was surprised they didn't put the fazua in the LT. I just got a good deal on a mach6 and after a super short 7mi ride, I can say pivots dwlink is surprisingly so good on the downs. Hence I kinda wanna hop on the pivot train.

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 11:40 Quote
Higher travel eMTBs just get boring on mellower trails/XC, that pretty much is the only drawback...just as regular MTBs.

Someone who's not riding enduro/DH trails most of the time should definetely consider getting a lower travel trail eMTB to have a better experience.

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 12:23 Quote
These are my sentiments as well... ^^^^

Posted: Sep 1, 2022 at 16:26 Quote
danctm wrote:
Brasher wrote:
Twenty6ers4life wrote:

yep that is the consensus from everyone I know with one, more is more and more is better.

However, I have a Range VLT with 180/170 travel and seriously out there geo, it is a bit like bringing a Tank to a knife fight if you want to go for a casual trail ride. But point it down wild trails and it just eats them up.

I had a 150mm travel emtb with conservative geo (merida e160) before the range and it was arguably more "fun" but definitely not as fast or confidence inspiring or flat out capable. I suppose it comes down to your preferences and the terrain you ride really.

I have an E160 and I find it awesome for all type of riding which is great as I have a 120 and a Spire. I've considered getting a more aggressive ebike but to be honest alot of what I ride doesn't require it and it would dull easier trails even more (I find the e160s suspension performs really well). And I still get my spire out for enduro type riding.

Yeah the E160 just does every "pretty good" to make it an awesome all rounder. I absolutely loved mine, put well over 10,000km's on it over 2.5 years. There is a reason why every 2nd e-mtb in Sydney seems to be an E160, they are perfect for the terrain we have here. I'd buy another for sure.

Posted: Sep 3, 2022 at 16:27 Quote
Swapped my Fox 36 for a Manitou Mezzer Pro. What a difference.

New Mezzer Pro fork.

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
The Widowmaker must go. I don't recover as well as I used to.

Posted: Sep 7, 2022 at 20:16 Quote
carters75 wrote:

New Mezzer Pro fork.
How about a better pic?

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 7:05 Quote
og-squid-mtb wrote:
carters75 wrote:

How about a better pic?

Better pic

Posted: Sep 8, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
carters75 wrote:
og-squid-mtb wrote:
carters75 wrote:

How about a better pic?

Better pic
Nah...

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018333
Mobile Version of Website