2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 22:12 Quote
I had a 19', looks like they killed it with the redesign.

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
The reviews rolling in now that it's pretty well sold out everywhere, fortunately I was able to snag an aluminum Deore build at my local shop.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 9:17 Quote
I may have a frame. I'll believe it when I see it though.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2021 at 1:17 Quote
I've had my alluminum gx build since November but haven't been able to really give it a real test yet because..well I am canadian and there is still snow on ground... but the bit of riding I have done on road has shown it is a bit different than my 19.... can't wait for trails to dry out!

O+
Posted: Mar 5, 2021 at 15:47 Quote
Just got my 2021 frame today. Frame with shock is 7.5 lbs w/the shock (large). I’ll weigh my 2019 once it’s stripped. I’m curious if much difference. My 2019 weighs 7.6 lbs with the shock also large.

O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 21:57 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20252419/
Idd like to post a pic but how the hell do you do that on here ?????‍♂️

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 2:14 Quote
photo

Yamaha168 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/20252419/
Idd like to post a pic but how the hell do you do that on here ?????‍♂️

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 22:26 Quote
Well there’s my bike...2 months of winter riding so far. Now how did whomever get that pic onto this thread?

O+
Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 22:38 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
2021 Devinci Troy

Can you give your opinions on the difference between the new one and the last gen?

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 18:49 Quote
wheelza wrote:
Tinshield wrote:
2021 Devinci Troy

Can you give your opinions on the difference between the new one and the last gen?

Haven’t ridden it yet. Maybe on Sunday depending on weather. Trails are still in tough shape right now here. I’ll definitely post some thoughts once I get it out.

O+
Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 9:59 Quote
photo

Got out for a 16 mile ride on frozen dirt this morning. I’m running a 150mm fork and the flip chip in high. Trails here can be chunky and tight so this works best for me.

Initial thoughts is the bike is pretty long. Wheelbase is longer that my 2019 and chain stays are 10mm longer than my 2019 large. It also has a longer reach. It doesn’t feel longer and the top tube length is likely the same when you factor in the steeper seat angle and slacker head angle.

Suspension was too stiff so I need to lower the PSI as I’m not using full travel. I’ll definitely say the frame itself feels a bit more compliant than my old one. The 2019 always felt very unforgiving laterally, very stiff. This one still stiff but not as harsh. Poking along with the old bike could be a little annoying.

Turning felt good. Got a 44 offset on this one, seems better.

I think the front end on the old bike may have been easier to lift. This may have been the longer stays or the fact that I have a heavier tire up front now.

Bike does feel very balanced.

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
Second ride is complete and I went after the suspension. I went from 85 F/ 220 R to 75/200. I’m about 205 riding weight or a little more. This felt good to me. I’ll have to measure sag again to see where I’m at but compared to the 2019 I had with the RS Deluxe the Fox shock has a lot more mid stroke support. This makes for better pedaling out of the saddle. But, even at 200 psi I’m not using full travel. I’m running compression pretty much wide open. Granted my ride today was a lot of roots and rocks and not a lot of big hits so I’m going to need more time on this.

Seat angle is really comfy and I’m not having to scoot forward much now while climbing. Again, bike is really balanced front to rear. I do like the longer chain stays. I thought the longer wheelbase would be annoying but it seems the same and didn’t inhibit me on the tight trails.

Look how much travel I’m leaving on the table.

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Mar 17, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
FYI, rear shock comes with one volume spacer. I took it out to see how it feels.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017518
Mobile Version of Website