2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
| Next Page
Posted: Jul 12, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
dbaehre wrote:
Hi Troy Owners,

I picked up a red 2021 Devinci Troy Deore around a month ago. The only real upgrade I have done was switch out the Revelation RC for a 36 Rythym 160mm. I put the flipchip to Hi due to the front travel increase of 10mm.

Coming off of a 2017 Canfield Riot, I miss how playful and poppy the riot is. Overall I prefer the Troy for its stability and speed but I would like to unlock more playful characteristics that I'm sure it has. I realize the riot is a significantly shorter bike especially with regards to the chainstays (414mm vs the Troy's 435mm). Both bikes are medium and have 160mm forks on them (Z1 on the riot). I'm not sure if it is the suspension design or the rear shocks themselves but I find the rebound on the stock superdeluxe to be lacking compared to the CCDB air that's on the Riot and wonder if that would ad to the playfulness. Are there any suggestions in setup or if I should swap the shocks out, or is it chalked up to the design characteristics of the two frames and I should just work on my bunny hops haha. Again, not saying the troy isn't playful but it is a bit of an adjustment coming from the riot.

Thanks,
David

No need for that bike in Hi with a 160mm fork. I usually run my bikes in Hi but this Troy has a 340mm BB height with a 150mm fork.

The Troy is not a playful bike, I would agree. It's a long, stiff, slam through everything bike. I would say that it does come into it's own as it is pushed hard. I'm not a huge fan of the rear shock on this bike. Even after visiting the bike park a couple times I haven't used all it's travel. It has way too much ramp in my opinion.

Posted: Jul 13, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
dbaehre wrote:
Hi Troy Owners,

I picked up a red 2021 Devinci Troy Deore around a month ago. The only real upgrade I have done was switch out the Revelation RC for a 36 Rythym 160mm. I put the flipchip to Hi due to the front travel increase of 10mm.

Coming off of a 2017 Canfield Riot, I miss how playful and poppy the riot is. Overall I prefer the Troy for its stability and speed but I would like to unlock more playful characteristics that I'm sure it has. I realize the riot is a significantly shorter bike especially with regards to the chainstays (414mm vs the Troy's 435mm). Both bikes are medium and have 160mm forks on them (Z1 on the riot). I'm not sure if it is the suspension design or the rear shocks themselves but I find the rebound on the stock superdeluxe to be lacking compared to the CCDB air that's on the Riot and wonder if that would ad to the playfulness. Are there any suggestions in setup or if I should swap the shocks out, or is it chalked up to the design characteristics of the two frames and I should just work on my bunny hops haha. Again, not saying the troy isn't playful but it is a bit of an adjustment coming from the riot.

Thanks,
David

No need for that bike in Hi with a 160mm fork. I usually run my bikes in Hi but this Troy has a 340mm BB height with a 150mm fork.

The Troy is not a playful bike, I would agree. It's a long, stiff, slam through everything bike. I would say that it does come into it's own as it is pushed hard. I'm not a huge fan of the rear shock on this bike. Even after visiting the bike park a couple times I haven't used all it's travel. It has way too much ramp in my opinion.

Thanks for the input Tinshield! I'll try flipping the chip back to low and see how things differ. Once I come across some more cash I think I'm going to convert it to a mullet and likely swap the rear shock for something that's more adjustable so hopefully those two things will help a bit. Again, I love the bike for almost everything but it lacks a little playfulness for sure.

Cheers

Posted: Jul 15, 2021 at 17:06 Quote
What's up everyone in the Troy world

Got lucky and found a shop that had an order of Devincis arrive unexpectedly early. Got my hands on a new Troy SX in red. I'm a big rider, 6'4, 240 plus gear and have been riding a hard tail Trek for the last 3 years, so this was a nice change. Dont mind the bike being a bit heavier/bulkier although you notice it on the longer uphills.

Looking forward to upgrading the drivetrain to GX from SX cause it just feels so cheap and is covered in plastic. Hoping the extra low gear teeth will make the uphills a little more bearable.

Have done 3 rides with the RS Revelation set to app recommended settings and its been running great so far. The Super Deluxe in the back felt pretty squishy the first two rides set around 255 ish psi and a pretty slow rebound. Reached full travel on the back but the bottom outs never felt harsh, although i was only hitting small jumps/drops. Put a third volume spacer in the back (already had 2 when I opened it up, max is 3) and took it for a ride today with a few bigger drops and a little sketchier DH and it felt great, the tougher back end felt pretty sturdy and but not too stiff.

Next upgrade will be the rear thru axle as mentioned on the last page by the Robert Axle Project. The stock one is terribly designed.

Overall, this bike is awesome, definitely inspires confidence, maybe when you should trust your instincts instead of the rig, but in a couple rides I've already noticed some progression in my riding. Excited to huck this thing around some more.

Posted: Jul 19, 2021 at 13:24 Quote
Testing out the Mullet setup.

Posted: Jul 22, 2021 at 20:23 Quote
brolo wrote:
Testing out the Mullet setup.

Love this

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007200
Mobile Version of Website