2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
I have Kona Honzo and Process 153. I live and ride in north Texas. The Honzo pretty much handles 90% of my local trails I ride the Process here too but I travel a lot for bigger rides. I do few trips to Angle Fire or Trestle a year, North West Arkansas (a lot of pedaling up but great downhills) and some places in Central Texas that have more tech, chunk, features and down hills.

I'm 6'3" 240lbs kitted up. I ride XL bikes. I'm wanting to replace the Process. The Process is great but I wish I had something with newer geo, pedaled better, had a stepper seat tube, longer chain stays and a slacker HT. I'd like a bike that is just a good all arounder. I'm looking at the Specialized Stump Jumper Evo and the Devinci Troy.

What are thoughts on the Troy for my above needs? Thanks yall!

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 10:50 Quote
I love my Troy, but I'd go Stumpy Evo if it were an option (not that I've actually ridden one)

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
EVO is more adjustable, lighter and has in-frame storage. Love my Troy though.

Posted: Jan 19, 2022 at 12:38 Quote
Parkershark wrote:
I have Kona Honzo and Process 153. I live and ride in north Texas. The Honzo pretty much handles 90% of my local trails I ride the Process here too but I travel a lot for bigger rides. I do few trips to Angle Fire or Trestle a year, North West Arkansas (a lot of pedaling up but great downhills) and some places in Central Texas that have more tech, chunk, features and down hills.

I'm 6'3" 240lbs kitted up. I ride XL bikes. I'm wanting to replace the Process. The Process is great but I wish I had something with newer geo, pedaled better, had a stepper seat tube, longer chain stays and a slacker HT. I'd like a bike that is just a good all arounder. I'm looking at the Specialized Stump Jumper Evo and the Devinci Troy.

What are thoughts on the Troy for my above needs? Thanks yall!
Even though the stumpy evo had more travel the Troy is definitely more capable on the descents. That said it takes a lot of rider input to feel at home and if you are a more passive rider I’d say go with the stumpy evo. The specialized is more of an all rounder I’d say and the Troy is more of an enduro bike, dispute the travel number.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
My troy deore
Ethirteen base 35 bars
Reverse black one d2 35mm stem
160mm lyrik select plus
Sixpack Millennium sadle
Ergon ga2 grips.

Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
What is the difference in super boost and super boost+? And wich goes for my troy

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 5:12 Quote
Karvamakkara wrote:
What is the difference in super boost and super boost+? And wich goes for my troy
Im not sure there is a difference but if there is just make sure you are getting a 12x157mm hub.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
Avelema27 wrote:
Karvamakkara wrote:
Im not sure there is a difference but if there is just make sure you are getting a 12x157mm hub.
Thanks man

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
You do not even need a super boost hub. The old DH 157 standard (or 150 adapted to 157) works just fine. All of my Devinci super boost bikes I just run regular DH 157 hubs for which that standard has been around forever.

Posted: Jan 27, 2022 at 19:51 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
You do not even need a super boost hub. The old DH 157 standard (or 150 adapted to 157) works just fine. All of my Devinci super boost bikes I just run regular DH 157 hubs for which that standard has been around forever.
So theres no difference by how the wheels are offseted on the hub?

Posted: Jan 28, 2022 at 4:44 Quote
Karvamakkara wrote:
So theres no difference by how the wheels are offseted on the hub?

No difference. Same width, spacing is the same for the brake, and dish of the rim is the same. Only difference is super boost has the spoke flanges spaced further apart vs 157DH, so wider bracing angles and in theory it builds a stiffer wheel. But IMO the increase in stiffness is negligible. If 157 DH is stiff enough for DH bikes, it's stiff enough for my trail and enduro bikes. They are completely interchangeable.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
Anyone remove their stock .3 volume spacer from the stock float x2? Finding it harsh and not using full travel on real fast rough dh stuff

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 17:21 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone remove their stock .3 volume spacer from the stock float x2? Finding it harsh and not using full travel on real fast rough dh stuff

Yes, but sad to say, it doesn’t help much. I’m riding my Stumpy more nowadays. The Troy is harsh to me. Even with a DPX2 it’s not great.

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 20:48 Quote
I’m currently testing a dhx coil and man it sure livens up the rear end, so much better rear end doesn’t feel dead anymore. I’m waiting for the we are one arrival I ordered,selling my Troy but if I was keeping it for sure keep the coil.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009332
Mobile Version of Website