2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
Yamaha168 wrote:
I’m currently testing a dhx coil and man it sure livens up the rear end

This. I'm running the DHX2 coil as well. Feels fantastic, no problems using all the travel, not harsh at all. Feels very similar to the 2020 Spartan I had previously despite having 25mm less travel, so that says something. I've briefly run the stock X2 with stock volume spacers while waiting for my DHX to be serviced this past fall and to me it didn't feel terrible (but I'm heavy at around 190lbs), but I do see where the harshness complaint you guys are referring to is coming from, especially if you're lighter. No question the coil feels better though.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 5:09 Quote
Agree with Yamaha about a coil livening up the rear end. I found the EXT Arma to really improve things. Tracks so well in corners and the rough stuff, but still has some pop.

I was not a fan of the X2 at all. Could never get the pressures correct and it seemed to ping off everything, regardless where I had rebound settings.

It is a pretty stiff bike though. It feels most alive when ridden at top speed on rough downhills. In other terrain, it feels like overkill. Unfortunately, a lot of our local trails are not that intense.

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 10:27 Quote
brettbob wrote:
Agree with Yamaha about a coil livening up the rear end. I found the EXT Arma to really improve things. Tracks so well in corners and the rough stuff, but still has some pop.

I was not a fan of the X2 at all. Could never get the pressures correct and it seemed to ping off everything, regardless where I had rebound settings.

It is a pretty stiff bike though. It feels most alive when ridden at top speed on rough downhills. In other terrain, it feels like overkill. Unfortunately, a lot of our local trails are not that intense.

This. Stiff frame+high progression it feels awesome when its fast over rough terrain. Seems like a bike that should have more travel imo

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 12:05 Quote
Yamaha168 wrote:
I’m currently testing a dhx coil and man it sure livens up the rear end, so much better rear end doesn’t feel dead anymore. I’m waiting for the we are one arrival I ordered,selling my Troy but if I was keeping it for sure keep the coil.

Why the hell does it feel so dead? Went through a whole riding season dialing it in. Even put a Shock Wiz on it. Ugh!

Posted: Apr 5, 2022 at 22:18 Quote
Hello, everyone. I am now a proud owner of a Devinci Troy (4th gen) bought myself a proper shock but can't find the shock hardware size (purchased frame without shock) could someone guide me, please.

Thank you

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 4:35 Quote
pipomax wrote:
Hello, everyone. I am now a proud owner of a Devinci Troy (4th gen) bought myself a proper shock but can't find the shock hardware size (purchased frame without shock) could someone guide me, please.

Thank you

Fox Shock Mounting Hardware - m10x40 - Stainless Steel

https://thelostco.com/products/the-real-2021-fox-mounting-hardware?_pos=1&_sid=d32983d94&_ss=r&variant=32303745564753

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 7:27 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
pipomax wrote:

Thank you

Fox Shock Mounting Hardware - m10x40 - Stainless Steel

https://thelostco.com/products/the-real-2021-fox-mounting-hardware?_pos=1&_sid=d32983d94&_ss=r&variant=32303745564753

Thank you sir!

Posted: Apr 7, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
You’re welcome

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 12:32 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Yamaha168 wrote:
I’m currently testing a dhx coil and man it sure livens up the rear end, so much better rear end doesn’t feel dead anymore. I’m waiting for the we are one arrival I ordered,selling my Troy but if I was keeping it for sure keep the coil.

Why the hell does it feel so dead? Went through a whole riding season dialing it in. Even put a Shock Wiz on it. Ugh!

Where are you at with your spring configuration and damping setup? The simpler fox stuff often has the high-speed circuits a little too closed which gives some harshness. From experience, the new x2 works well with a lot of sag so maybe try that. Also opening up low rebound will help liven it up.

Posted: Apr 9, 2022 at 20:13 Quote
Avelema27 wrote:
Tinshield wrote:
Yamaha168 wrote:

Where are you at with your spring configuration and damping setup? The simpler fox stuff often has the high-speed circuits a little too closed which gives some harshness. From experience, the new x2 works well with a lot of sag so maybe try that. Also opening up low rebound will help liven it up.

I agree with more sag and less pressure. IMO the HSC is just too high even all the way out. Never had so much trouble dialing in a bike.

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 17:08 Quote
Hm, was considering the Troy as my next bike. But after reading here I’m not so sure. I was fairly convinced on it after watching the BETA test review. Those guys seem to hate every bike but really got along with the Troy and complimented it on how well it eats up chunky trails and hits above its travel suggests. But after reading here it seems people say the rear suspension feels overly firm. Is this the case?

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 17:42 Quote
Keegansamonster wrote:
Hm, was considering the Troy as my next bike. But after reading here I’m not so sure. I was fairly convinced on it after watching the BETA test review. Those guys seem to hate every bike but really got along with the Troy and complimented it on how well it eats up chunky trails and hits above its travel suggests. But after reading here it seems people say the rear suspension feels overly firm. Is this the case?

In short, yes. I only ran the stock float x2 w it though so maybe coil is a better fit

Posted: Jun 25, 2022 at 18:58 Quote
It runs really great with a coil, but I agree the X2 was not feeling very well and it was really hard to dial in. I think the linkage just works better with a more linear shock.

In general, the bike really feels best going fast down rough tracks. It just holds a great line and feels composed. On the flip side, it doesn't feel as good on easier/smooth trails. Pretty stiff and a little harsh on chattery trails at medium speeds.

Posted: Jun 28, 2022 at 4:09 Quote
brettbob wrote:
It runs really great with a coil, but I agree the X2 was not feeling very well and it was really hard to dial in. I think the linkage just works better with a more linear shock.

In general, the bike really feels best going fast down rough tracks. It just holds a great line and feels composed. On the flip side, it doesn't feel as good on easier/smooth trails. Pretty stiff and a little harsh on chattery trails at medium speeds.

Great description. Not sure what they did to the back end on this bike but my 2018 was plusher.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
Keegansamonster wrote:
I’d say if it’s set up well it’s certainly not harsh but with a setup that is compromising compliance I can see how it’d be harsh. That said the Troy is more of a pilots bike and it has to be ridden actively and hard in order to get the most from it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007022
Mobile Version of Website