2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
Author Message
Posted: Mar 18, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Good ride today. Not a huge difference in the rear shock without the spacer. I added 5psi after removing it and used a bit more travel. Still very rampy.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 6:41 Quote
Thanks for the ride impressions, I have a chick wiz on mine at the moment and running 212 psi, I’m 166lbs with out gear on. This has me at 26% sag, I’m using all my travel on most rides but no harsh bottom outs thanks to the x2 Smile I ride aggressive trails, jumps and such. I really like my Troy.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 8:21 Quote
Yamaha168 wrote:
Thanks for the ride impressions, I have a chick wiz on mine at the moment and running 212 psi, I’m 166lbs with out gear on. This has me at 26% sag, I’m using all my travel on most rides but no harsh bottom outs thanks to the x2 Smile I ride aggressive trails, jumps and such. I really like my Troy.

Makes sense as I am doing mostly trail riding and tend to run more sag.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 9:25 Quote
Does anyone know how much more the AL / Carbon Troy weighs compared to the full carbon Troy? Also is the Front triangle Aluminum in the AL / Carbon or is it the Chainstay?

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 11:16 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Does anyone know how much more the AL / Carbon Troy weighs compared to the full carbon Troy? Also is the Front triangle Aluminum in the AL / Carbon or is it the Chainstay?

Carbon Front Triangle, Aluminum seat and chainstays.

Unsure of frame weight, but the Devinci website puts the carbon/alu GX at 0.1 lbs heavier than the aluminum GX build. It also specs Fox suspension on the carbon/alu GX where all the ones at my local shop are equipped with Rockshox.

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 11:42 Quote
Even the full carbon is chunky at 7.5 lbs for the large.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
My Xl bike with with front and rear big fenders weighs 35 pounds....1400 meters of climbing on it make for one tired person Smile

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 16:38 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Even the full carbon is chunky at 7.5 lbs for the large.

With or without the shock? I was looking at running one of those with a coil but I might stay with air if the frame weighs that much, but you could buy an alloy frame that weighs less than that.

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 17:24 Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
Tinshield wrote:
Even the full carbon is chunky at 7.5 lbs for the large.

With or without the shock? I was looking at running one of those with a coil but I might stay with air if the frame weighs that much, but you could buy an alloy frame that weighs less than that.

That is with the shock. Pretty sure the X2 is over 600 grams.

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 8:17 Quote
Have you weighed your full bike?

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 13:02 Quote
Yamaha168 wrote:
Have you weighed your full bike?

31.3 lbs with XT pedals

Posted: Mar 21, 2021 at 18:53 Quote
7.5-1.3 is 6.2 lbs which isn't bad at all for a bike of that travel. You don't know what the Al/ C weighs do you? 31.3 lbs also isn't bad at all for complete bike.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 16:43 Quote
Not sure what the aluminum rear weighs compared to the carbon one. I think my bike with X01 would be well under 31 but I’m not
giving up XT shifting. I think the OEM builds suffer with heavy tires and wheels. I don’t really get the 35mm wheel spec they use.

Posted: Mar 22, 2021 at 18:33 Quote
That’s funny, I was thinking the same thing, I just purchased a set of Nobl wheels for my Troy and I’m going to experiment with exo+ tires instead of DD. I will say though that when the speed is up on the rough trails the DD tires really are nice


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006515
Mobile Version of Website