2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
Author Message
Posted: May 31, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
For sure. Always use sag as a starting point and fine tune from there. A little more difficult with a coil shock since it's not as easy as just adding/removing air or volume spacers, but yeah completely agree. Still plan on trying it with the stiffer spring just to see, since I already have the spring. But got it feeling pretty good as is.

And thanks. Wasn't too thrilled with the dark purple on hearing aid brown color scheme either. But was actually pleasantly surprised with the color when I opened up the box. I did get rid of the purple still though and added some orange (thanks Tinshield for the measurements!) and some black vinyl on the toptube, downtube and seatstays. I like the contrast and seems to tie in better with the black parts.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 5:26 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
For sure. Always use sag as a starting point and fine tune from there. A little more difficult with a coil shock since it's not as easy as just adding/removing air or volume spacers, but yeah completely agree. Still plan on trying it with the stiffer spring just to see, since I already have the spring. But got it feeling pretty good as is.

And thanks. Wasn't too thrilled with the dark purple on hearing aid brown color scheme either. But was actually pleasantly surprised with the color when I opened up the box. I did get rid of the purple still though and added some orange (thanks Tinshield for the measurements!) and some black vinyl on the toptube, downtube and seatstays. I like the contrast and seems to tie in better with the black parts.

Came out great man.

The fork decals that Devinci supplies are pretty trashy. Very thin and prone to wrinkling. Going to put some OEM Fox stickers back on.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 5:34 Quote
Thanks!

https://www.slikgraphics.com/, Slik Graphics is selling Fox decals again now apparently.

I got mine from https://nldesigns.eu/

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 6:12 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
freerider11 wrote:
For sure. Always use sag as a starting point and fine tune from there. A little more difficult with a coil shock since it's not as easy as just adding/removing air or volume spacers, but yeah completely agree. Still plan on trying it with the stiffer spring just to see, since I already have the spring. But got it feeling pretty good as is.

And thanks. Wasn't too thrilled with the dark purple on hearing aid brown color scheme either. But was actually pleasantly surprised with the color when I opened up the box. I did get rid of the purple still though and added some orange (thanks Tinshield for the measurements!) and some black vinyl on the toptube, downtube and seatstays. I like the contrast and seems to tie in better with the black parts.

Came out great man.

The fork decals that Devinci supplies are pretty trashy. Very thin and prone to wrinkling. Going to put some OEM Fox stickers back on.

I have a bunch of extra color matched fox 36 and X2 decals in sand / purple if anyone needs.

Posted: Jun 1, 2021 at 6:47 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
Thanks!

https://www.slikgraphics.com/, Slik Graphics is selling Fox decals again now apparently.

I got mine from https://nldesigns.eu/

Oh that's great news.

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 8:16 Quote
Anyone experiment with going mullet on a 2021 troy?

Posted: Jun 8, 2021 at 8:35 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Anyone experiment with going mullet on a 2021 troy?

Someone who worked at the bike shop where I got mine did and loves it. Runs it in the high position and said it brings the geometry right back to where it should be.

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 11:22 Quote
I have ridden a few of the older troys and have loved them, and I am in the position now to get the 2021. I ride some steep tight tech trails that contain a lot of slap berms. I am wondering if any of you have ridden steep DH tracks on your troys and if you think they perform well?

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 12:21 Quote
ben-williamson wrote:
I have ridden a few of the older troys and have loved them, and I am in the position now to get the 2021. I ride some steep tight tech trails that contain a lot of slap berms. I am wondering if any of you have ridden steep DH tracks on your troys and if you think they perform well?

I have only ridden with my 2019, and although I am about as far away as you can get from being a pro, I felt very comfortable on it. My bike park does not open for another 9 days (yes I am counting down) and I cannot wait to try my 2021 Troy on it!

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 16:18 Quote
275 rear wheel and tires ordered. Ill get geo numbers mullet in high position and ride report soon

Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 19:48 Quote
New look for the Troy.


Posted: Jun 9, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
That’s beautiful, and dang I wanna try a coil on mine!!!

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 3:46 Quote
Wow. Hows the coil and is it custom paint?

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
Didn't take long to paint a brand new bike! Body guy I'm guessing? Looking forward to an overall pic

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 4:31 Quote
Wow. Hows the coil and is it custom paint?


 
Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010329
Mobile Version of Website