2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:23 Quote
brolo wrote:
New look for the Troy

Looking good! Let's see the whole bike! I also considered having the frame painted, but ended up just doing some black/orange vinyl highlights instead since I did not want to wait to build it up.

You are going to like it with the coil! How much do you weigh and what spring are you running? I'm about 190lbs and started on a 500lb spring, and now have the 550 on it. Seems a little more supported through the mid stroke now. I was at about 33-34% sag, and am now sitting around 29%. No noticeable difference to the buttery feeling off the top. I will probably stick with the 550.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 5:49 Quote
Looks like root beer

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
maxxx wrote:
Didn't take long to paint a brand new bike! Body guy I'm guessing? Looking forward to an overall pic

Yah I am not a big fan of the stock colors but I love the bike. Buddy own's a body shop and custom paints bikes.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:34 Quote
Let’s see the whole bike

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:36 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
brolo wrote:
New look for the Troy

Looking good! Let's see the whole bike! I also considered having the frame painted, but ended up just doing some black/orange vinyl highlights instead since I did not want to wait to build it up.

You are going to like it with the coil! How much do you weigh and what spring are you running? I'm about 190lbs and started on a 500lb spring, and now have the 550 on it. Seems a little more supported through the mid stroke now. I was at about 33-34% sag, and am now sitting around 29%. No noticeable difference to the buttery feeling off the top. I will probably stick with the 550.

I have been running the coil for awhile after the X2 and I prefer it. Riding weight is 195 and I am running a 550 spring.

Posted: Jun 10, 2021 at 6:37 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Looks like root beer

It is a black base with metallic copper. It changes color a lot based on lighting. I will post a pic soon as I finish building it up later today.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 7:13 Quote
freerider11 wrote:
brolo wrote:
New look for the Troy

We're about the same weight and I'm running a 550lb on my CCDB. I haven't gotten around to measuring sag but it feels pretty spot on, perhaps a bit soft if anything but this is my first coil shock, maybe that's a result of the plushness. I'm also shedding body weight pretty quick now that it's riding season so that comes with the positive side effect of my suspension firming up as my riding improves.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
Hopefully you carried it out there and carried it back before mounting it back on the wall.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 10:16 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
Hopefully you carried it out there and carried it back before mounting it back on the wall.

Hah she is all filthy now.

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 10:54 Quote
Great color choice. Always wanted a silver bike no logos

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 11:56 Quote
That’s one high end build!! Very cool

Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 12:00 Quote
brolo wrote:

looks like a niner

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011543
Mobile Version of Website