2021 Troy Reviews

PB Forum :: Devinci
2021 Troy Reviews
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2021 at 21:22 Quote
Those noble wheels? I could get on with mine on my Troy to much feedback with such a already stiff bike. How do you like them?

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 12:53 Quote
I don’t have Nobles but I have We Are One Unions on mine with DT350’s. Fantastic wheels if you’re looking.

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 13:10 Quote
I have Unions on my Offering and like them but NOBL are my go to.

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
brolo wrote:

I’m building up an S-Works Stumpjumper. Ordered some WR1 Factions for that one. Trying to get a light trail bike built. Should fit the bill. You like the Nobles eh?

Posted: Jun 12, 2021 at 14:25 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
brolo wrote:

I’m building up an S-Works Stumpjumper. Ordered some WR1 Factions for that one. Trying to get a light trail bike built. Should fit the bill. You like the Nobles eh?

I like the feel of the NOBL, They give a bit more in the really harsh stuff but the WR1 are my second fav for sure.

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
In my search to make the Troy quiet I ended up testing several chainstay protectors. The STFU was good, a couple other OEM options and custom setups worked well but the best is this modified Specialized Enduro guard. The bike now runs 100% silent in the rough. The stock setup is pretty poorly designed when you hear the difference from it to this setup.

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 11:55 Quote
I haven’t noticed this. I run a 32T ring. Is it more noticeable with smaller chain rings?

Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 12:06 Quote
Tinshield wrote:
I haven’t noticed this. I run a 32T ring. Is it more noticeable with smaller chain rings?

Depends on what you are used to. I’m used to pretty quiet bikes. In rough rock gardens the Troy is a rattle trap with any size ring. One of the loudest bikes I have owned with the stock chainstay protector.

O+
Posted: Jun 19, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
brolo wrote:
Tinshield wrote:

Depends on what you are used to. I’m used to pretty quiet bikes. In rough rock gardens the Troy is a rattle trap with any size ring. One of the loudest bikes I have owned with the stock chainstay protector.

I’m usually sensitive to this maybe I can’t here it over my head rattling LOL

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 18:36 Quote
How the hell can anyone reach the high speed rebound adjuster on the Float X2 shock?

Am I doing something wrong?

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 18:43 Quote
Small Allen key works easy for me

O+
Posted: Jun 28, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
deltahawk5 wrote:
How the hell can anyone reach the high speed rebound adjuster on the Float X2 shock?

Am I doing something wrong?

photo

Maybe change the flip chip?

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
I use a small allen key. Works fine.

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2021 at 9:44 Quote
It is a bit of a pain in the ass to get to. With a 2mm allen key you can get in there. Just be careful you do not force it past the stops at either end with the extra leverage you get with the allen key.

Posted: Jul 2, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
After lurking in this forum, I finally picked up my "red" alloy GX build from the LBS, and got my first ride in yesterday. (It's not really red-red, but more of a metallic persimmon. I was worried they would "phone it in" with the alloy color scheme, and was pleasantly surprised.)

I'm 6'3, around 230bs with gear on, and have struggled with bike fit for as long as I've been riding. This is my first pre-built bike purchase since 2003, with a whole lot of frame- and part-swapping over the years. I've grown tired of the fiddling and adjusting and general wankery of all that, and it was time to return to the "curated experience" of a pre-built bike.

I honestly don't know where to focus all my gushing about this bike, because it did amazing with everything that I expected it would have trouble doing: climbed perfectly, was nimble underneath me in the pumps & berms, and it was fast when I wanted it.

Oh, and that Factor freehub in the rear? *chef's kiss* what a sound to behold! lol

To me, trail riding is a balance between the rider's skill, and the bike's capabilities. Before I rode the Troy, I felt like my bike was sabotaging me at every turn—it kept me positioned too high, and pushed me too far forward. Now I feel like I finally have a bike that's truly got my back.

In my eyes, Devinci completely nailed it with this bike, and I look forward to falling in love with the sport all over again.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025320
Mobile Version of Website