220 Rotor Fitment

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
220 Rotor Fitment
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 14:06 Quote
How are people running 220 rotors these days? I put some on my bikes via washers and longer bolts on top of the 203mm rotor adapters but it didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy.

I have some NSB adapters on order to correctly upsize to 220 on my forks but for my rear IS brake caliper mounts I am at a loss. I can't find a 220 IS adapter. I asked NSB if I could put a 20mm PM on top of a 200MM IS but they said they couldn't recommend that.

What are ya'll doing?

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 16:10 Quote
If your frame has IS mount it doubt it would work well with a 220MM rotor. You will probably find that exceeds the bike manufacturers max rotor size too

Posted: Feb 22, 2021 at 16:17 Quote
aer0 wrote:
If your frame has IS mount it doubt it would work well with a 220MM rotor. You will probably find that exceeds the bike manufacturers max rotor size too

Something tells me that going from a 200mm to 220mm is not going to be a big deal for my Norco Aurum HSP. It's a DH race bike. In fact I have several months of bike park use with 220mm rotors, I just want a cleaner setup rather than washers and spacers.

Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 6:21 Quote
No problem stacking adapters, usually. Might take a few tries (or models) to have the caliper just fine, but it works just fine. Did that a while ago, until I bought a proper 220 adapter. Looks like a scaffolding, but it works.

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005728
Mobile Version of Website