RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Rebound Adjustment Pin

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
RockShox Super Deluxe RC3 Rebound Adjustment Pin
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 23, 2021 at 4:32 Quote
Hello Everyone,

I was working on installing a MegNeg air can on my Super Deluxe RC3 and while I was working on the shock I noticed the rebound collar felt like there was some grit underneath. I loosened the two set screws and pulled the collar off, see photo.

After cleaning under the collar I could see the small detent on one side and the rebound pin on the other side. When I tried to install the collar it was going on a little crooked so I removed it again to start over. when it came off the rebound pin shot out and now I can't get it back in, see photos.

Does anyone know how I can get the pin back in? I can see how it works to adjust the rebound. There is another pin inside the shock that moves downward from riding on the wedge. I'm also confused how it even came out looking at the shape of the pin, see image below. It should have been held captive. I hope I can get it back in.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 14:12 Quote
So I'm guessing that the slope of the pin adjusts the downward stroke of the vertical pin which alters the amount of damping. Used to happen with compression levers. Some managed to get them back in by freezing the shock and pushing down on the vertical pin and quickly sliding the horizontal pin in.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006113
Mobile Version of Website