Trek Remedy 8 Upgrades

PB Forum :: Trek
Trek Remedy 8 Upgrades
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 30, 2021 at 5:56 Quote
What size coil shock did you use i was looking to make the swich but cant find one thats 230x 57.5

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 8:27 Quote
tylerclark wrote:
What size coil shock did you use i was looking to make the swich but cant find one thats 230x 57.5

I managed to find a 230x57.5 but I've heard a 230x60 should work too. It will just increase the travel a bit. I have an extra rockshox 151mm 230x57.5 500lb spring if you really need one. Used it for a few rides before upping to a 550lb spring.

Posted: Dec 2, 2021 at 21:44 Quote
Do you have the shock, I don’t need the spring I am just looking for a shock as I have the link coming here soon. Are you Shure a 230x 60 would fit?

Posted: Dec 3, 2021 at 8:53 Quote
tylerclark wrote:
Do you have the shock, I don’t need the spring I am just looking for a shock as I have the link coming here soon. Are you Shure a 230x 60 would fit?

Unfortunately, I cant say with 100% confidence that 230x60 will fit with the cascade link since I've never tried it. I know from other peoples post here that they have had success using a 230x60 super deluxe ultimate on a remedy without the coil but to be honest I've never seen another remedy with a coil and a cascade link besides mine. It should fit, but I would have to try it to see. I just know my 230x57.5 fits on my bike.

You'll probably have to give it a shot and hope for the best, that's what I did haha. I think it should be ok though

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 1:57 Quote
brs9399 wrote:
Frame:M/L
Fork: Lyrik Select +
Shock: Super deluxe select +
Wheels: line comp front, line elite rear
Drivetrain: SRAM gx
Brakes: guide r
Bontrager dropper post
Bontrager cockpit

My 21 8 came with codes

Posted: Dec 6, 2021 at 11:45 Quote
MTBsnow wrote:
tylerclark wrote:

Unfortunately, I cant say with 100% confidence that 230x60 will fit with the cascade link since I've never tried it. I know from other peoples post here that they have had success using a 230x60 super deluxe ultimate on a remedy without the coil but to be honest I've never seen another remedy with a coil and a cascade link besides mine. It should fit, but I would have to try it to see. I just know my 230x57.5 fits on my bike.

You'll probably have to give it a shot and hope for the best, that's what I did haha. I think it should be ok though

allright thanks ill tell you guys how it goes if i can get my hands on one

Posted: Mar 18, 2022 at 1:56 Quote
Hi guys I also have the trek remedy 8 GX

I have 37.5mm raise bars
35mm stem
And 170mm Marzocchi forks

Do you think this would make it too high on the front with the 10mm increase on the forks as well as the 10mm increase on the bars

Posted: May 28, 2022 at 16:30 Quote
Looking to upgrade to fox float X from my stock rockshox super deluxe on my 2020 remedy 8. Does anyone know what parts I'll need to make this work?

Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 15:28 Quote
dom4455 wrote:

I have 37.5mm raise bars
35mm stem

Do you think this would make it too high on the front with the 10mm increase on the forks as well as the 10mm increase on the bars

Nah, it's perfectly fine as it is stated on Trek's dealer site that an extra 10mm travel fork iwon't mess anything up. Higher rise bars, go for it. Might change your reach ever so slightly but nothing majorly noticeable.

O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2022 at 11:20 Quote
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
dom4455 wrote:

I have 37.5mm raise bars
35mm stem

Nah, it's perfectly fine as it is stated on Trek's dealer site that an extra 10mm travel fork iwon't mess anything up. Higher rise bars, go for it. Might change your reach ever so slightly but nothing majorly noticeable.

Do you think a new Zeb 170 on the Remedy 8 would be too much? I know its a little less than a lb more than the lyrik ultimate. I was thinking of upgrading to the Lyrik ultimate 160, but since I learned it can go to 170, the new Zeb would be an option. I'm not big on jumps, would it affect climbing that much?

Posted: Sep 30, 2022 at 6:39 Quote
mattastic wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:
dom4455 wrote:

I have 37.5mm raise bars
35mm stem

Do you think a new Zeb 170 on the Remedy 8 would be too much? I know its a little less than a lb more than the lyrik ultimate. I was thinking of upgrading to the Lyrik ultimate 160, but since I learned it can go to 170, the new Zeb would be an option. I'm not big on jumps, would it affect climbing that much?

I have a 170mm fox 36 of my remedy and it feels great, i havent really noticed a climbing problem but im not too shure with the extra weight, i also normally ride street and big jumps so i can appreciate the extra travel, if you are using the bike as a trail bike and notr a free ride bike then i dont know if i would reccomend it

Posted: Dec 25, 2022 at 16:54 Quote
tylerclark wrote:
mattastic wrote:
streetkvnt-kvlt wrote:

I have a 170mm fox 36 of my remedy and it feels great, i havent really noticed a climbing problem but im not too shure with the extra weight, i also normally ride street and big jumps so i can appreciate the extra travel, if you are using the bike as a trail bike and notr a free ride bike then i dont know if i would reccomend it

Current 2022 Remedy 9.8 comes with a Fox 38 so a 170mm Zeb will be perfectly fine.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010450
Mobile Version of Website