Lawsuit for warranty issues

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Lawsuit for warranty issues
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 10:28 Quote
If they haven’t actually approved your warranty replacement yet, I would exercise some restraint in your efforts. Warranty replacement is largely subjective, often with massive loopholes for the manufacturer to escape any responsibility.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 0:06 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
If they haven’t actually approved your warranty replacement yet, I would exercise some restraint in your efforts. Warranty replacement is largely subjective, often with massive loopholes for the manufacturer to escape any responsibility.

Especially when you aren't dealing with somebody face to face like in a bike shop, there just isn't the same accountability and the direct mail companies are not likely to just ignore stuff or look for excuses to deny the warranty.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 4:47 Quote
I had a broken seat stay on my 2020 Capra (raw) that broke in July 2020. Got my replacement seat stay 228 days later and it's a used piece. Disappointed. Prior to that I had try to ask for alternative solutions - different color, trade-in of broken frame, credit, etc. YT was not open to any of it.

This is the last YT I ever buy. Really want to like them but having a bike down for 8 months is really unacceptable.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
I have a creaking pivot Decoy, contacted them about it beginning of January. The answer was that it should be solved by replacing the two washers between the frame and the chain stays and they will send it to me shortly. More than two months later I am still waiting for the two poor washers and the bike is still creaking after cleaning and greasing, I am even not sure it will solve the problem on the long term because it looks like an adjustment issue.

First time I had to deal with the consumer service was shortly after receiving my Decoy last summer. Came with a US plug for the charger, I am in Switzerland, and the water bottle thirstmaster, I had to pay an indecent price on top of the bike and made of cheap plastic, was leaking. I have attached pictures of the bottle, and I have received an answer like a month later to ask to send more pictures of the bottle... No need to precise that by that time this cheap piece of junk was already in the recycling and that I have found a new bottle and new cable by myself. Very cheap and disappointing customer service when we consider that I had just dropped more than 5k on the new bike.

Lesson learned, I went for a Specialized for my following bike and it is probably my first and last YT! Too bad because the bike rides nice when it doesn't make noise and these small issues could have been quickly solved by a serious customer service.

Posted: Mar 8, 2021 at 8:23 Quote
Brodybro29 wrote:
I have a creaking pivot Decoy, contacted them about it beginning of January. The answer was that it should be solved by replacing the two washers between the frame and the chain stays and they will send it to me shortly. More than two months later I am still waiting for the two poor washers and the bike is still creaking after cleaning and greasing, I am even not sure it will solve the problem on the long term because it looks like an adjustment issue.

First time I had to deal with the consumer service was shortly after receiving my Decoy last summer. Came with a US plug for the charger, I am in Switzerland, and the water bottle thirstmaster, I had to pay an indecent price on top of the bike and made of cheap plastic, was leaking. I have attached pictures of the bottle, and I have received an answer like a month later to ask to send more pictures of the bottle... No need to precise that by that time this cheap piece of junk was already in the recycling and that I have found a new bottle and new cable by myself. Very cheap and disappointing customer service when we consider that I had just dropped more than 5k on the new bike.

Lesson learned, I went for a Specialized for my following bike and it is probably my first and last YT! Too bad because the bike rides nice when it doesn't make noise and these small issues could have been quickly solved by a serious customer service.

... and likely would have been resolved much quicker by a local bike shop had you bought the bike there.

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 1:36 Quote
azinwood wrote:
I had a broken seat stay on my 2020 Capra (raw) that broke in July 2020. Got my replacement seat stay 228 days later and it's a used piece. Disappointed. Prior to that I had try to ask for alternative solutions - different color, trade-in of broken frame, credit, etc. YT was not open to any of it.

This is the last YT I ever buy. Really want to like them but having a bike down for 8 months is really unacceptable.

I almost pulled the trigger on their new AL Pro. Somehow I'm relieved I didn't. I don't think the supply chain problem is a reason for not having warranty parts like chainstays and seat stays. Since they claim a 5 year warranty and know how many they sold, they should have a warehouse of these parts ready to go, not reaching out to their Taiwan factory for every warranty claim. Also, based on your willingness to try any solution and YT refusing any of them makes me leery of how much they really care about helping their customers.

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 10:51 Quote
Lmarshall30 wrote:
Hey y’all. So I cracked my chainstay back in September and was told 6-10 weeks and we are good to go. Well now 5 months in and absolutely no answer other than sorry it’s up to YTG.

I know MANY others are having to issue with the non existent customer service on this part. So I am just curious is anyone knows what sort of legal action can be taken. Can we all get together and sue YT for breach of contract in regards to their warranty that they agree to when the bike was purchased. I really don’t want to do that and I’m not usually this type of person but I feel I have no where else to turn other than calling it a wash and just owning a broken bike and being out $4000.

So anyone know if this is even a possibility?

I am in same boat as you. Here is a summary of my case "progress."

October 01 2020, YT communicated that they would have chainstay replacement shipped in 6-10weeks.
I have now been pinging them weekly for an updated ETA on shipment date as they said they would update me with ETA on shipment date.

They have failed all commitments up to this point.

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 11:12 Quote
it's hard to send parts they dont have, YT is a very popular brand aswell.
Giant.. you know the biggest Bike manufacturer in the world is currently at 4.5 months for a new front reign triangle for me, I even offered to pay for the frame with shipping which they said will not make a difference, the production schedule for spare frames is May.
Before covid I had no issues with any warranty from any brand.

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 20:17 Quote
As a person who bought a bike direct during the pandemic and experiencing a few basic issues that should have been easy to resolve. I have continued to tell myself to stop looking at direct to consumer bikes in general because there is a piece of mind when it comes to buying a bike from a LBS. I honestly know that the extra 1k I’ll be spending for similar or worse value will be piece of mind of getting shit fixed

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 10:30 Quote
Lathamstyle wrote:
As a person who bought a bike direct during the pandemic and experiencing a few basic issues that should have been easy to resolve. I have continued to tell myself to stop looking at direct to consumer bikes in general because there is a piece of mind when it comes to buying a bike from a LBS. I honestly know that the extra 1k I’ll be spending for similar or worse value will be piece of mind of getting shit fixed

Some feel that if they have stock to start selling 2021 bikes, they should also prioritize those warranty claims. They are obviously selling new frames with those parts ahead of fulfilling warranty issues. This may be the best decision for YT as a company, but it does not mean that it is the best interest of their former customers.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
Evil bikes broke like glass a few years back, they totaly messed up the warranty claims, and now people love them... YT is gonna be fine.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 14:54 Quote
mtbtrekracer wrote:
Giant.. you know the biggest Bike manufacturer in the world is currently at 4.5 months for a new front reign triangle for me, I even offered to pay for the frame with shipping which they said will not make a difference, the production schedule for spare frames is May.

That is a completely reasonable argument until you realize that fulfillment of warranty claims has been put behind new orders as someone has alluded too.

Company decision, but a piss poor one if you ask me.

Posted: Mar 15, 2021 at 15:29 Quote
flylow wrote:
mtbtrekracer wrote:

That is a completely reasonable argument until you realize that fulfillment of warranty claims has been put behind new orders as someone has alluded too.

Company decision, but a piss poor one if you ask me.

i believe its more that the bike orders were already in to the supplier from YT and theyve been caught up in delays and now the spare frames are delayed.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007140
Mobile Version of Website