Groupset selection 1x

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Groupset selection 1x
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Hello everyone,

I am currently rebuilding a 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper I picked up for a good price and the time has come to choose a drivetrain. I have been eyeing 2 different ones:
1- Shimano SLX 1x12
2- Sram NX 1x11

The price difference between the two is about $20 (the Sram being more).

Which one would you guys recommend and why for mild cross country trail type riding.

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 11:08 Quote
juniorski wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am currently rebuilding a 2008 Specialized Stumpjumper I picked up for a good price and the time has come to choose a drivetrain. I have been eyeing 2 different ones:
1- Shimano SLX 1x12
2- Sram NX 1x11

Which one would you guys recommend and why for mild cross country trail type riding.
does NX 11 spd give you the gear range you want/need?

Posted: Feb 25, 2021 at 12:44 Quote
SLX. If you can afford SLX with an XT shifter, even better. Sram rear derailleurs are garbage, especially at the NX level.

This is coming from someone with Sram Eagle (mostly GX and X01) on every trail bike I've owned -- but only because they came with it. From-scratch build would definitely be Shimano for the better value and reliability.

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 12:45 Quote
juniorski wrote:
Hello everyone,

1- Shimano SLX 1x12
2- Sram NX 1x11

For 2008 bike i would put on basic Deore. Or even lower - it will be "upgrade" worth more than the bike Big Grin

Posted: Feb 26, 2021 at 13:18 Quote
I'd definitely be looking at the Deore 1x11 with the 11-51 range. I shouldn't say I "would be", I did. That's what I am putting on my new 2020 frame build. Same range, cheaper consumables. When it comes time for further upgrade $$ it will get an XT 11 speed shifter when supply starts improving.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.004803
Mobile Version of Website