Devinci Marhall 2021

PB Forum :: Devinci
Devinci Marhall 2021
| Next Page
Posted: Jan 30, 2022 at 9:15 Quote
Just upgraded my fork to a Bomber Z1 150, and it was definitely worth it. I only have one ride on the new setup so far, but it feels significantly smoother, more supportive, and consistent. I feel like this would've been a great spec from the factory while still keeping it in the "affordable trail bike" category.

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:43 Quote
ryanbouma wrote:
Jordywells wrote:

Are you able to post pics of the new 210x52.5 shock installed and clearance? I'm super curious about this, and just the look of the 160, 137 Enduro Marshall!

It's not much of a looker considering all the weird parts I have on it, but I'll try and grab a picture tonight. There is a ton of clearance though. Pretty sure a 210x55 would plenty clear, but the leverage on the linkage may become a problem that I can't assess.

What would be the problem with the leverage on the linkage? I’m trying to find a shock upgrades as well but the only one I can find is a 230x60 super deluxe

Posted: Aug 15, 2022 at 4:37 Quote
230x60 won’t work. Definitely need a 210.

I’m not a suspension expert, but I think as the suspension bottoms and the suspension progressively becomes firmer, the linkages experience a lot of force. This could be hard on bearings and thinner frame members like the seat stays or rocker. It’s a WAG, but worth considering if using a 210x55.

Posted: Sep 6, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
ryanbouma wrote:
230x60 won’t work. Definitely need a 210.

I’m not a suspension expert, but I think as the suspension bottoms and the suspension progressively becomes firmer, the linkages experience a lot of force. This could be hard on bearings and thinner frame members like the seat stays or rocker. It’s a WAG, but worth considering if using a 210x55.
Right on thanks
I’ll keep looking into a 210 then

Posted: Sep 20, 2022 at 10:09 Quote
ryanbouma wrote:
Jordywells wrote:

Are you able to post pics of the new 210x52.5 shock installed and clearance? I'm super curious about this, and just the look of the 160, 137 Enduro Marshall!

It's not much of a looker considering all the weird parts I have on it, but I'll try and grab a picture tonight. There is a ton of clearance though. Pretty sure a 210x55 would plenty clear, but the leverage on the linkage may become a problem that I can't assess.

Hey dude, I was wondering how much clearance you have or maybe did you lose going to the 52.5 stroke? I'm thinking of going for the 210x55 for my Marshall to better match my Lyrik too, but the shock I'm looking at (bomber cr) only comes in the 50 or 55mm for 210. I really want to give it a go and see what happens. Cheers

(I'm thinking that if there's any issues I might be able put a 2.5mm travel reducer)

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007638
Mobile Version of Website