MTB hub

Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 27, 2021 at 15:23 Quote
I'm pretty new to the MTB scene. I have been riding a 29" 2020 Specialized Stump jumper ST. (Stock) Since last year and love it. Every week I practically kill myself trying to make the top 10 in my Strava account. I want to upgrade my rear hub for a little more performance gain. The majority of my riding takes place in the Arizona desert of East Mesa in the Hawes trail system. I'm trying to decide between the three brands. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Also, best place online to make the purchase will help. Thanks in advance for your time! Hope Pro 4 or DT Swiss 350 or Hunt Wheel hub

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 4:41 Quote
I can’t speak to the Hope or that DT but the Hunt has been great for me on their Enduro Wide wheels. Service after a year and they looked great inside. Hunts customer response and service also some of the best in the business. Factoring in the price point compared to the other two it’s a pretty solid value IMO.

Posted: Feb 28, 2021 at 8:18 Quote
Cstunes wrote:
I can’t speak to the Hope or that DT but the Hunt has been great for me on their Enduro Wide wheels. Service after a year and they looked great inside. Hunts customer response and service also some of the best in the business. Factoring in the price point compared to the other two it’s a pretty solid value IMO.

How is the weight of the wheelset compared to others?

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 5:18 Quote
I couldn't say. They are lighter than SC Reserve 37mm Carbons on paper though.

Posted: Mar 1, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
Joeeyyy wrote:
I'm pretty new to the MTB scene. I have been riding a 29" 2020 Specialized Stump jumper ST. (Stock) Since last year and love it. Every week I practically kill myself trying to make the top 10 in my Strava account. I want to upgrade my rear hub for a little more performance gain. The majority of my riding takes place in the Arizona desert of East Mesa in the Hawes trail system. I'm trying to decide between the three brands. Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Also, best place online to make the purchase will help. Thanks in advance for your time! Hope Pro 4 or DT Swiss 350 or Hunt Wheel hub
What kind of gain do you seek? Hub will get you very little gain if there is not massive amount of ratching involved. Lighter rims or lighter/less knobby tires will be much more gain.

Or just delete Strava, all above problems solved instantly Big Grin

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005491
Mobile Version of Website